• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for Clean out Hatch 08 SX230

Slippyslipslip

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2008 sx230. The rear clean out hatch is starting to get weak on the left side. Anyone have an extra hatch they want to sell or have any idea how to stiffen it up. The only spot that is weak is where the left latch is. It’s like the wooded is starting to rot. If it’s wood.

Attachments

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you open the hatch the part that catches the lip to hold it closed can be adjusted. Usually a allen set screw holds it in place, just loosen it and adjust the latch which should be threaded.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you need to replace the hatch latch this is what I bought for mine that needed replaced due to the latch was corroded and worn out.

Whitecap T handle latch, Amazon

Slippyslipslip

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry guys. I meant that the hatch is like rotted near the left latch. I need a new hatch. Not latch

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My brain definitely didn’t read that correctly, haha! You’ll have to find a replacement from another boat somewhere out there sadly. You can try to strengthen it with some epoxy to get by until you find one in a boat junkyard where-ever those exist!