• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Looking for FSH 190

Joe Larsen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New to the boating community and for our first boat for a family of 4. Been doing research and the FSH 190 sounds like it would fit the mold. Located in NE FL. Willing to buy almost anywhere for right deal. I know they came out in 2016. I imagine the first model or two had some hiccups (I'll hear your opinions/experiences). I have a 7' garage. Also, I realize this may be preference but curious on your take on the t-top vs. bimini.

CC4ME

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi,
I bought a new 2018 Yamaha FSH 190 Sport (T-Top) for my family and for fishing in freshwater.
I have a Minnkota trolling motor (which is also my backup engine) mounted on the bow and the
trolling batteries located in the bow storage areas. My family loves this boat. It is versatile in
so many ways and easily trailered/transported to various locations on my Shorelandr aluminum
trailer. I had to get a Thrust Vector from jetboatpilots.com for my 2018 to improve the steering.
(Check out their thrust vector wake product which is pretty cool). I think Yamaha made some
enhancements in the 2019 FSH 190 to improve maneuverability. But do confirm this is so.

Take a peek at this Cycle Springs video regarding saltwater,
I have no association with Cycle Springs. Note their reference to 7 foot garage storage.

Also look at Yamaha's video
The 2019 FSH 190 model has "enhanced saltwater corrosion protection" than the previous year models.
The 2018 had a 30 gallon gas tank while the 2019 has a 40 gallon gas tank.

There are a number of "Out on the Reef" videos on the FSH 190 that I highly recommend that you watch.

I like my T-Top because it is strong, out of the way, provides needed shade, allows me to add storage compartments
off the bars, attach my spotlights, provides a strong place to grab when going from the stern to the bow,
enables add-ons like a plastic TTop-console enclosure for inclement weather and the side bolts can be loosened to
allow the upper part of the T-Top to be lowered for storage. While the bimini top will provide shade, I believe there
is a max speed or wind limit where it has to be taken down and it seemed to me that it was in the way when it wasn't
deployed (i.e. folded back). Plus I think the T-Top looks awesome compared to the bimini top.

One item of note, do get an official Yamaha boat cover for the FSH 190 as it conforms perfectly to my boat and travels
well. I initially tried purchasing cheaper 3rd party solutions which became loose and ripped, or the straps would break.

You may also want to take a look at the Yamaha FSH 210 which has two engines instead of the one on the FSH 190.
I wish you well on your research and purchasing experience.

Lee

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can tell you if you are looking for a more family oriented boat the 21’ has better seating and bow space.

Joe Larsen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Dixie, I agree with your statement about the 21' being more friendly. One of the main goals is to store the boat in my garage. The 21' will not fit, I don't believe.

Joe Larsen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi,
I bought a new 2018 Yamaha FSH 190 Sport (T-Top) for my family and for fishing in freshwater.
I have a Minnkota trolling motor (which is also my backup engine) mounted on the bow and the
trolling batteries located in the bow storage areas. My family loves this boat. It is versatile in
so many ways and easily trailered/transported to various locations on my Shorelandr aluminum
trailer. I had to get a Thrust Vector from jetboatpilots.com for my 2018 to improve the steering.
(Check out their thrust vector wake product which is pretty cool). I think Yamaha made some
enhancements in the 2019 FSH 190 to improve maneuverability. But do confirm this is so.

Take a peek at this Cycle Springs video regarding saltwater,
I have no association with Cycle Springs. Note their reference to 7 foot garage storage.

Also look at Yamaha's video
The 2019 FSH 190 model has "enhanced saltwater corrosion protection" than the previous year models.
The 2018 had a 30 gallon gas tank while the 2019 has a 40 gallon gas tank.

There are a number of "Out on the Reef" videos on the FSH 190 that I highly recommend that you watch.

I like my T-Top because it is strong, out of the way, provides needed shade, allows me to add storage compartments
off the bars, attach my spotlights, provides a strong place to grab when going from the stern to the bow,
enables add-ons like a plastic TTop-console enclosure for inclement weather and the side bolts can be loosened to
allow the upper part of the T-Top to be lowered for storage. While the bimini top will provide shade, I believe there
is a max speed or wind limit where it has to be taken down and it seemed to me that it was in the way when it wasn't
deployed (i.e. folded back). Plus I think the T-Top looks awesome compared to the bimini top.

One item of note, do get an official Yamaha boat cover for the FSH 190 as it conforms perfectly to my boat and travels
well. I initially tried purchasing cheaper 3rd party solutions which became loose and ripped, or the straps would break.

You may also want to take a look at the Yamaha FSH 210 which has two engines instead of the one on the FSH 190.
I wish you well on your research and purchasing experience.

Lee
Thanks CC4ME. I have watched a lot of the "Out on the Reef" videos. You have made many valid points. I have also considered the 210 model. I would like to store in my garage. Which is only 7' height door with 20' depth. I doubt the 21' boat will fit. I have not yet found anyone online have a picture or video of the 21' boat being stored in their garage. What has been some of your negative experiences with the boat?

CC4ME

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi Joe,
Regarding 21' (or 19' 2") boat in your garage, you would also have to add on the length of the trailer. Even with a breakaway, you're right, it probably wouldn't fit in your 20' garage unless it was on a diagonal (not a desirable setup).

Regarding negative experiences with the boat, I've only had 1-2 minor situations, but had other issues not boat related. Observations as follows,
1) Overall, I think the Yamaha FSH design/layout/experience is excellent. I like the head and the No-Wake feature especially for trolling in deeper
waters.
2) Per a Out on the Reef video, I have some occasional minor water pooling in the head, but only when water has entered the anchor locker.
3) Got swamped when several reckless boaters pushed a big wave over my bow. It took more time than I would have liked for the water to drain
off. I'm going to get an auxiliary bilge pump as a contingency. That said, this situation could happen to any boat. Perhaps Yamaha should
consider increasing the diameter of their drain holes.
4) My boat tops off at 40-42 mph (depending on number of passengers) which is fine for me, and a safety factor I prefer for my adult children.
5) Human error/stupidity. I launched my boat and tied it to the dock. After parking the trailer, I came back and started up the engine. I
immediately noticed my bilge pump was blowing water out the side of my boat. I forgot to put in my drain plugs. Since then, I have a written
launch and load checklist that I follow every time I take my boat out.
6) I park and launch at my marina. Shorelandr trailers are designed to have the boat float on and off the trailer. Because of the slope of the launch
site and it's angle to the water, this is not possible for me. I have to back the trailer way into the water to launch and load my boat. I still had
problems loading as the trailer is on an angle causing the bow to be elevated. I purchased bunk trailer glides which has reduced the need for me
to gun the engines and made it easier to load the boat. With glides, just remember to follow the vendor procedures for launching and loading.
They are slick.
7) Because my launch site is on a river with a decent current and the boat (jet thrusters) couldn't react quick enough for corrections while loading, I
had to purchase side bunks which solved the issue with my boat sliding around on the trailer.
8) For my boat, I've found an idle speed of 1200 RPM is the best way to approach the dock or load the boat.
9) This year, I plan on using an adjustable drop hitch of 4"-8" (instead of the 2") while launching and loading to see if the bow comes down enough
to make things even easier to load.

Hope this info helps. Best Wishes!

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New to the boating community and for our first boat for a family of 4. Been doing research and the FSH 190 sounds like it would fit the mold. Located in NE FL. Willing to buy almost anywhere for right deal. I know they came out in 2016. I imagine the first model or two had some hiccups (I'll hear your opinions/experiences). I have a 7' garage. Also, I realize this may be preference but curious on your take on the t-top vs. bimini.
Live in Tampa... have a 2016 with 138 hours stored in my garage... if interested let me know

Attachments

Joe Larsen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Live in Tampa... have a 2016 with 138 hours stored in my garage... if interested let me know
Hey Corey, sure thing. Thanks for responding to my message. Do you have any more pics, details, add-ons you can tell me about? Also price?

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Corey, sure thing. Thanks for responding to my message. Do you have any more pics, details, add-ons you can tell me about? Also price?
Good Morning Joe, Send me ur email...I’ll send you info and photos of the boat