• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for Polk DB651 or DB652 Speakers... (and an Anchor while I'm at it).

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Fellow Boaters!

I need to purchase either a single Polk DB651 or a pair of Polk DB652 speakers. If anyone is upgrading their sound system and wants to sell the factory speakers, please let me know.

I also lost my anchor in the lake last year and need to buy one if someone has one for sale.

Thanks!

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Damn, I just threw out all 6 of our old 651's... Do yourself a favor and just buy new ones. They are cheap enough.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn, I just threw out all 6 of our old 651's... Do yourself a favor and just buy new ones. They are cheap enough.
Thanks for responding @1BadTundra . Probably the best advice!
Thanks!

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Good luck with it... I picked up kickers for $99 a pair on Amazon

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good luck with it... I picked up kickers for $99 a pair on Amazon
I just replaced my factory Jensens with Kickers and they sound 200 times better then the Jensens.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just replaced my factory Jensens with Kickers and they sound 200 times better then the Jensens.
Hi @lazergeek and @1BadTundra, can you please tell we what model# of the kickers are that you purchased? Glad you mentioned they sound better!

Thanks for the help!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got the BKM61's which have RGB lights built in they were 4 for $250 on Amazon. You will need a RGB Controller for the RGB.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
And you mentioned they sound much better than the stock Polk speakers, correct?
I think he means they sound better than the stock Jensen speakers he replaced - Jensen speakers are at the bottom end of car audio and they make many of the cheap paper-cone stock speakers found in cars around the world. Polk and Kicker have similar sound quality so I don't think you'll gain anything by changing all the speakers.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
They look great. Thanks @1BadTundra. I don't need the LED colors so the black ones will be good ($175 for a set of four is a good price).
And you mentioned they sound much better than the stock Polk speakers, correct?
The sound quality is similar to my Polk's... But these are definitely clearer at higher volumes. I tied the LED's to my interior blue accent lights, so that was added effect, if I did it over, I wouldn't have paid the extra for the LED's as they are far outshined by my interior LED kit. I did however use the White LED color on the swim deck speaker, they provide good light on the swim deck for evening boating.

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just bought a pair of Polk db652 for $60 at Walmarts website

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think he means they sound better than the stock Jensen speakers he replaced - Jensen speakers are at the bottom end of car audio and they make many of the cheap paper-cone stock speakers found in cars around the world. Polk and Kicker have similar sound quality so I don't think you'll gain anything by changing all the speakers.
Thanks for your input @212s !

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The sound quality is similar to my Polk's... But these are definitely clearer at higher volumes. I tied the LED's to my interior blue accent lights, so that was added effect, if I did it over, I wouldn't have paid the extra for the LED's as they are far outshined by my interior LED kit. I did however use the White LED color on the swim deck speaker, they provide good light on the swim deck for evening boating.
Cool idea with the white LED for the swim platform @1BadTundra. Thanks for your thoughts!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Correct, My boat came with Jensens's, they sounded ok after I put an amp in but still produced no bass. The kickers sound so much better. We only suggested the kickers since the OP was looking for new Polks.