• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for some help from the East Coast Florida Guys and Gals

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at doing a weekend run from Jacksonville Florida to Stuart Florida sometime in December. I think I'm going to take it easy and split it up into a couple days and take my time and be a tourist. What are the must see things to do on the water on that trip? Any place I need to stop at? Also if I decide not to take it easy and run it hard how bad are the no wake zones on that run if I pushed hard could I clear the whole distance in a day if I started at first light? I will tag a few people down in that area.

@ScarabMike
@2nazt
@Girlfriend
@Valerie
@Mike & Lilly
@fairpilot

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I ran from Flagler to Ponte Vedra August 18th but we ran Oceanside till Saint Augustine so we missed most of the no wake zone there
Our original plan was to start in Ormond Beach but there is a ridiculously long slow speed zone from highbridge up to palm coast. But I believe most of that changes/changed this month (October)
Then we ran Sebastian to Fort Pierce September 20 and there were a few no wake/slow zones but nothing terrible
I will get confirmation if the zones changed this month from friends that live out there
Be back soon with that info

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Here is what I got from a friend who lives in New Smyrna

“If he is traveling by PWC he will have to exit Ponce Inlet and take the ocean at least to Canaveral. PWCs are not allowed on the ICW in Canaveral National Seashore and not allowed in Haulover Canal north of Titusville. If he is traveling by boat the entire ICW in Volusia county is speed regulated. Max is 35mph and there are many idle and slow speed zones especially in the national seashore.”

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
South of Stuart to Jupiter there is a lot of no wake and manatee zones. Going north to Ft. Pierce isn’t bad. There are good restaurants on the water in Stuart/Port Salerno area. Manatee island grill is amazing and you can pull right up to eat. There is fuel if needed in the pocket too. Let me know when you come and I can try to meet up. Are you doing down and back or just a one way trip?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
South of Stuart to Jupiter there is a lot of no wake and manatee zones. Going north to Ft. Pierce isn’t bad. There are good restaurants on the water in Stuart/Port Salerno area. Manatee island grill is amazing and you can pull right up to eat. There is fuel if needed in the pocket too. Let me know when you come and I can try to meet up. Are you doing down and back or just a one way trip?
I have not decided yet if I'm going to run both ways yet. If I run one way I will probably start south and run North. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation and I will for sure hit you up when I pick a date.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about in the Canaveral nation seashore area anything worth stopping and seeing there?

Mike & Lilly

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I love to give you some tips but don't have a boat yet still waiting so i don't know much when it comes to boating in my Area sorry, hopefully this coming year I'll get one

Last edited: