• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Looking for Yamaha 2021 212xe (or similar) Ski Locker pic

Austonian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hi,

Does anyone happen to have a pic or video of what the OEM ski locker setup looks like?

Had a freak accident where a tree branch went through the locker & turned the insides into spaghetti. Pic attached of what I am starting with.

Detail C in this diagram makes the piping mostly clear & I ordered the parts.

I remember pulling out a white separator board & a rubberish mat. Looking to understand what part numbers they are & where they go with respect to the integrated ballast bag.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210529_134107 (1).jpg
    20210529_134107 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
@Austanian Does your insurance cover all of that for a dealer to order and/or install?

@HangOutdoors thankfully, yes, & the claim process is complete. Only issue is that Austin shops are backed up & I am trying to get back out on the water without needing to wait on labor, if possible.

@Austanian Good call. I did the same with my steering cables this year. Wasn't going to wait and lose boat. Good Luck with repair.

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have a pic or video of what the OEM ski locker setup looks like?
I remember pulling out a white separator board & a rubberish mat. Looking to understand what part numbers they are & where they go with respect to the integrated ballast bag.

Thanks!

Rubber Mat
1625001741857.png

Surprisingly they dont list that white separator board.

Rubber mat is just a rubber mat - in fact, I would forgo it completely. I think it's there to protect the fiberglass from skis, but if you're putting ballast back in, all it does is attract grime and dirt.

@anmut thanks for the info & I was also staring to think that the $107.99 would be better spent on drinks.

Guessing the separator is there to keep the ballast bag from sliding into the pump machinery/piping. I should be able to rig something similar for that task, even if it's not a 100% match to the OEM bits.

@anmut thanks for the info & I was also staring to think that the $107.99 would be better spent on drinks.

Guessing the separator is there to keep the ballast bag from sliding into the pump machinery/piping. I should be able to rig something similar for that task, even if it's not a 100% match to the OEM bits.

$108! DAMN Yamaha!

I’ll take some pics from all angles for you tomorrow. I’m going to be looking for a possible ballast leak, so I’ll be digging around in the ski locker anyway. I noticed there’s a bunch of clear silicone around the my hose fittings. What the heck did they think this would accomplish?

@Mesa50 thank you! Exactly what I needed.

Next battle, partspitstop.com just sent an email saying all the piping/fitting parts are not available & Yamaha has not provided an estimated availability date.

@Mesa50 thanks again, I was able to get everything back to working order using your pics as a guide! appreciate you taking the time to post the pics.

Just fine with no rubber mat either.

Back