• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking into new wheels and tires, what should I get?

bleudyno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, I really hate the look of the stock wheels on the Shorelandr trailer for my AR190 and wanted to upgrade them. What should I be on the lookout for? I'm not sure of what the difference between trailer tires and regular tires. I'm thinking of just going with the wheel and tire size setup as the stock wheels but wanted a better looking wheel and better performing tires. Can you guys give me some pointers on what I should get and where to get the best prices?

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stay with the same size. Get radials to replace the stock bias ply tires. You’ll love the smoother ride, and improved tire wear.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While low (er) profile rims/tires look good, it certainly will adversely affect the ride. As noted above, absolutely positively without a doubt go radial. Better wear, less sidewall flex (equals less sway), and usually better ride. Know your bolt pattern. Likely 5 on 4.5”, but verify it, and remember it’s measured as the diameter of the imaginary circle the lugs make. You can’t just measure from lug to lug on a 5 bolt setup. Oh, and make sure you get rims that are rated for at LEAST 1,750 lbs, as these are 3,500 axles. Shouldn’t be an issue, but here again, verify it.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tomoc sx190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys, I really hate the look of the stock wheels on the Shorelandr trailer for my AR190 and wanted to upgrade them. What should I be on the lookout for? I'm not sure of what the difference between trailer tires and regular tires. I'm thinking of just going with the wheel and tire size setup as the stock wheels but wanted a better looking wheel and better performing tires. Can you guys give me some pointers on what I should get and where to get the best prices?
Need to get some decent radials and this is what I did to replace the stock silver modular wheels

Attachments

tomoc sx190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought raceline mambas for my trailer and upgraded to a radial tire kept the stock wheels for spares

Attachments

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On our 212X shorelander trailer I thought heavily about upgrading our wheels/rims. Instead I got a nice set of radials which did wonders for towing. Saved the $300-$500 I would of spent on wheels/rims for other mods. Glad I did. Just a thought.
I put that money into our sound system which was epic.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
after much reading on here i got goodyear endurance tires same size as stock with the same wheels as the galvanized ones just shiny aluminum. I cant say if it rides better honestly. just wanted a better tire.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've wanted to replace my wheels ever since my first 212x, just never could get over the cost associated to do so. So far, knock on wood, my stock crappy tires on my 2020 shoreland'r trailer have done well. I've towed several hours in 100* heat at highway speeds without an issue. My 2009 MFI I replaced with a good set of radials.