• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to purchase a new Yamaha 242 Limited S E

JerseyYami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m selling my SeaRay and seriously looking at a new Yamaha 242 Limited SE. I’m looking for tips, advice and must haves to purchase such as cover etc...Any advise from anyone that ownes one will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where in Jersey are ya? Just sold my Searay and bought a 242 Limited S :)

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Plenty of dealers in Jersey, although in my experience they hold pretty firm on pricing and low trade-in values.
Surf City marina where I bought mine has a 2016 242X for sale (likely their demo boat) they might take a low ball offer on...

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had two great deals made thru All action water sports in Somers Point, NJ. The entire staff is great there.

I currently have an AR210 & I’ve been thinking about trading up to a 242 S E ( should of got my 2nd boat 1st)

One of the 1st important things to buy is a replacement bow roller. The stock one scratches up the bows pretty bad.
http://www.stoltzind.com/bowstops.html

What part of Jersey are you from?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wasn't impressed with any of the dealers in New Jersey as far as sales goes. It was late season, but even as a serious buyer they didn't seem to want my business. Ended up going to Patsy's Bay just outside NYC - Jim's a great guy there, and I got a deal I was very happy with. Lots of '18s coming in stock there. There's also a dealer out near Quakertown, PA - they were very responsive and offered a decent price, but I didn't feel like driving out there.

JerseyYami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice, we're looking to get a slip at Sweetwater - maybe I'll see ya around! Happy Hunting

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We launch in Tuckerton area and run the bays and up the Mullica River.

Nice, we're looking to get a slip at Sweetwater - maybe I'll see ya around! Happy Hunting
Sweetwater is nice! Its my kids favorite place to go by boat. Mainly because its about a 45 min boat ride. We often beach our boat just a little east of Sweetwater at a place called Pebble Beach. Always warm water and plenty of people

Kanasuta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have had two great deals made thru All action water sports in Somers Point, NJ. The entire staff is great there.

I currently have an AR210 & I’ve been thinking about trading up to a 242 S E ( should of got my 2nd boat 1st)

One of the 1st important things to buy is a replacement bow roller. The stock one scratches up the bows pretty bad.
Stoltz Industries, Inc | Polyurethane Rollers for Boat Trailers

What part of Jersey are you from?
Witch model sould i order for a 2019 242 limited se