• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to purchase an AR195 or 195S

bigd1634

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am new to the forum but not new to boating.

I currently have a 2001 Sea Ray and I am looking to replace it with either an AR195 or 195S. I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience purchasing in the New Jersey area, specifically through Toms River Motorsports or Highway Marine in Pennsylvania. If anyone can give ideas or talking points to get the best deal and extras (CG kits, covers, ropes, etc.) that would be helpful. Where has everyone been getting the best financing. Yamaha ran a great deal last spring (like 0.9% or something) but I think it may have been done due to Covid. It would be nice if they did it again this year.

I would like to pull the trigger sooner then later as I have been seeing a lot of people on the forums are waiting for boats that they put deposits on months ago and I do not want to miss out on the summer boating season.

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There has been alot of posts on here regarding financing thru Yamaha, most are bad reviews. I financed thru my credit union. I went from a 180 Searay to a AR190, my only negative was the Yamaha is considerably louder then the 4.3 eng on the Searay. Besides the noise the Ar190 is a great boat, maintenance is a breeze.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just got my 195S, very happy with it, I basically wanted this one more than the AR195 because it looks just beautiful, it has the color (brown/teak) look, and some extra benefits, like the chair to my wife next to me, and the bigger screen for the controls, the lights, and the enhanced music speakers.. if you could go for this one over the AR195 better, however, not to demerit the AR195 which is beautiful too and less expensive...

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just got my 195S, very happy with it, I basically wanted this one more than the AR195 because it looks just beautiful, it has the color (brown/teak) look, and some extra benefits, like the chair to my wife next to me, and the bigger screen for the controls, the lights, and the enhanced music speakers.. if you could go for this one over the AR195 better, however, not to demerit the AR195 which is beautiful too and less expensive...
agree on the seat and the screen. any smaller in the sun for me and it would be hard to see

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would have got the s also, more for the colors than an thing else. I had a 17 Ar190 and my wife liked the bench more than she thought she would. Originally she did want the captains chair but would have lost half the season waiting for a boat with the chair. Captains chair or bench have there pros and cons. But who cares now you got yourself a beautiful 195S, congratulations 👍

Tha_B_Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
There has been alot of posts on here regarding financing thru Yamaha, most are bad reviews. I financed thru my credit union. I went from a 180 Searay to a AR190, my only negative was the Yamaha is considerably louder then the 4.3 eng on the Searay. Besides the noise the Ar190 is a great boat, maintenance is a breeze.
What terms were offered through the credit union?

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This was last year, 3.49 for 120 month. But might be better rates now.