• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to put Lights on my 2012 AR210 Tower

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know what wattage or amperage I can push through the light switch on the dash? Plus what is normally going through it without extra lights? This way I can get the most light and not hurt anything.

Thanks
Troy

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im not sure about the exact wattage but if your using LEDs off the courtesy lights then you should be good to add 3-4 of them.

I just added 3 small 3/4in LEDs in the tower on my AR240 and it works great, dimms off the facotry switch and everything.

Are you looking to push more than a few lights in the tower....as long as they are LED your solid, more than that and u might need a separate relay or switch.

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im not sure about the exact wattage but if your using LEDs off the courtesy lights then you should be good to add 3-4 of them.

I just added 3 small 3/4in LEDs in the tower on my AR240 and it works great, dimms off the facotry switch and everything.

Are you looking to push more than a few lights in the tower....as long as they are LED your solid, more than that and u might need a separate relay or switch.
Do you remember the wattage on the ones you installed? I always like to get the most light I can..

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They dont list it from what I seen...but the draw has to be minimal. Plenty light for what I need...installed 3 of the 4 lights that are included.

20180406_200049.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jaylex I'm interested in doing this to my AR. Do you have the info on the kit you purchased?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure do...these have rubber surrounds so they fit snug and virtually flush. Look very stock imho. Provide excellent light and they are dimmable.

Screenshot_20180517-183136_Amazon Shopping.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure do...these have rubber surrounds so they fit snug and virtually flush. Look very stock imho. Provide excellent light and they are dimmable.

View attachment 74617
Thanks, they look great! If you don't mind entertaining one more question, where did you tie them into your factory courtesy lighting?

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure...my installer hooked it all up...boat is 3.5hr away so I cant verify but I believe I just sent him the wiring schematic and he just tapped the existing courtesy lights to tie these in. If you search I think you find it here. If not I can look for it and send it you need it just PM me.

I just learned that the connext screen can be modified to show the buttons of a 242 LS which has options onscreen to operate the tower lights and shower...

Since I've installed both the towers lights and shower aftermarket I'm going to see if he can fig out a way to swap to the 242LS screen and tie in both items to their stock onscreen buttons...not a major NEED but a major kool factor.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure...my installer hooked it all up...boat is 3.5hr away so I cant verify but I believe I just sent him the wiring schematic and he just tapped the existing courtesy lights to tie these in. If you search I think you find it here. If not I can look for it and send it you need it just PM me.

I just learned that the connext screen can be modified to show the buttons of a 242 LS which has options onscreen to operate the tower lights and shower...

Since I've installed both the towers lights and shower aftermarket I'm going to see if he can fig out a way to swap to the 242LS screen and tie in both items to their stock onscreen buttons...not a major NEED but a major kool factor.
That would be a major increase in the kool factor!
I'll research a little on wiring them. My father is a electrical engineer and may be of some help... it can't be that complicated...

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Indeed....didn't seem like it was a major issue to hook up as is...might be a tad more involved to get it to work through the screen, but as long as there is a connection for those buttons then it shouldn't be all that hard.

Def worth the investment, I do boat quite a bit after sunset so these come in handy and the dimming helps since they can be bright, but I would prefer to has the tower lights on a separate switch.

Keep us posted.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jaylex I finally got around to installing my tower lights I purchased months ago... I went with the same ones you had used. I installed 3 on the tower and a 4th in the engine compartment, all running of off the courtesy lights. It works awesome! Thanks for sharing your part info.

@Bananas did you ever attempt anything? With these LED's being such low power, I'm not sure there's much to worry about...
20181021_192651-01.jpeg 20181021_192721-01.jpeg

I did a full write up on my install here:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/adding-led-tower-lights-2016-ar240.20019/

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you guys figure out a separate switch for tower/engine bay? Those lights are brilliant! Especially now, with days getting shorter...

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you guys figure out a separate switch for tower/engine bay? Those lights are brilliant! Especially now, with days getting shorter...

--
I just tied it all to the courtesy lights with no separate switch. So the engine bay will be on with the rest of them. With the lights all being wired in series using the connectors you could add a switch for the engine bay or tower to turn them off independently without effecting the other lights. Obviously, being connected thru the factory courtesy lights they could not be switched on without activating the courtesy lights.

In theory, if you find where the wiring for the lights exists the conext screen you could splice in the tower and engine bay lights at that point then graft in a switch for all 3 independent of each other. Then activating the courtesy lights would only turn on the areas switched, if that makes sense?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone can figure it out, it's you @swatski. You needing to add a few more switches to your dash in order to complete that fighter jet look. ;)

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good!!

Major upgrade and provides plenty of light.

Ill be looking into a separate switch, but its its not pressing, works great off the stock courtesy switch with dimming.