• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to upgrade, but bought new last year.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well guys, I'm seriously thinking about selling my 2017 AR 190 and moving on to a 21 footer. Wife is pregnant with our 3rd child (this wasn't the case when I bought) and my almost 8 and 6 year old are quickly outgrowing this boat. My problem is I don't want to be upside down. I'm simply interested in paying it off. I owe exactly $27,700. Is this a realistic asking price based on what you're seeing private party...or should I quit dreaming?

Attachments

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would think you should be able to sell it fairly close to that. Might lose just a little? See if the dealer will help you out and offer a fair trade or lower cost of new one to make up for it or maybe they will sell your boat for you.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Better go ahead and get in the 24' so you aren't going through this again in another year or two. It's just my wife, my 3 year old, and myself and love the space of the 24 footer.

Last edited:

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Better go ahead and get in the 24' so you aren't going through this again in another year or two. It's just my wife, my 3 year old, and myself and love the space of the 24 footer.
Good point. I would if I had the room for it. 21' is as big as I can fit in the garage...

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am happy with my 210, I don't have the urge to go bigger. If anything I would probably upgrade to a 212X if the opportunity presented it's self.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have loved my 21 footer also. We have a 2015 SX210. It’s a great size for the family. Love that the 21 footer fits in the garage though for winter and a 24 footer definitely would not. Over the next few years we will probably get a 242 limited SE black and red with the solar panels though. Just need to find the right deal on one. As we are having a lift put it in the backyard but I will sure miss having it garage kept!

Don’t feel like you have to go to the 24. There are three of us and we have taken out a family of four with no problems on the 21 footer. Seven of us total. Still room to spare.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good point. I would if I had the room for it. 21' is as big as I can fit in the garage...
Ahh don't blame you a bit. I wished I had the option to put mine in the garage sometimes. Instead I leave it in a covered wet slip on a lift. Good Luck!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you bought new can't you use the Yamaha play and trade program? If you trade up to a new Yamaha boat that program should cover any loss difference on trade in up to $5000.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I thought with that program you had to have the boat five years?

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you bought new can't you use the Yamaha play and trade program? If you trade up to a new Yamaha boat that program should cover any loss difference on trade in up to $5000.
Man that's news to me...If that's true I am in business. Wouldn't hurt to call Yammy.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well in order to get be a part of the Yamaha Trade-In program you also had to have financed with them (Yamaha/Synchrony) using the highest available interest rate and the longest length loan (180 months IIRC). It was basically like a lease and you had to have signed up knowing you wanted the worst APR when you bought the boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought with that program you had to have the boat five years?
You could be correct it's been years since asked a dealer about this program so I don't recall the details. I find interesting that Yamaha's site is no longer pushing this either I do not see it listed as a promo on there any more.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You could be correct it's been years since asked a dealer about this program so I don't recall the details. I find interesting that Yamaha's site is no longer pushing this either I do not see it listed as a promo on there any more.
I think that option is gone for good

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I don't think I've seen it since 2016. They were still running it back when I bought my boat but I don't recall seeing it last year and it's not there this year. I went with a lower interest rate offer so I wouldn't qualify for the Trade-In program if it were offered today. I can't recall but I want to say that program was for 4.9% or maybe even higher.

Chadt4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Build a bigger garage to store a 24'..... clearly this is the reasonable answer

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2 foot itis is like cancer, there is no cure, it just goes into remission sometimes. As a guy who started in a 15’ jet boat, before upgrading to a 20’, 23’ and currently a 24’ (actually 23’6”), trust me I know, it would have been a lot, a lot less expensive to buy my current boat first.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well in order to get be a part of the Yamaha Trade-In program you also had to have financed with them (Yamaha/Synchrony) using the highest available interest rate and the longest length loan (180 months IIRC). It was basically like a lease and you had to have signed up knowing you wanted the worst APR when you bought the boat.
You also had to enroll in the program during purchase I believe. We briefly looked into it, but didn't like the terms or something. I forget what threw us off that path. Also had to have premium credit to qualify and our 775 wasn't high enough.