• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lost bolt on Thrust Vector XL

Mrbruin2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Currently at lake havasu. Have had XLs for 3 or so seasons with no problem. Mid day ton of chop on the lake after cruising for a few hours and all of a sudden left throttle wouldn't go to reverse at all, barely to neutral. Got to Naked Turtle dock and hopped under boat. Lost the bolt on the outside of the left side jet. Fin and bucket unattached on that side and no reverse on that motor. Anyone know what size bolt and length I can grab from Home Depot? Was going to try to go out for few hours in am before we leave to go back home.

Tried to use one of the bolts and washers from the table mount on the inside of my SX240 but it goes in too far and will allow me to reverse on that side but hits the steering and locks it not allowing me to turn left when I use the bolt on just the bucket. It isn't long enough to attach fin and bucket.

TIA

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mrbruin2k. I don't have your specific answer but hopefully @JetBoatPilot will come to the rescue. You could also try removing g the corresponding bolt from the other side to match it up. I used the blue locktite on all my bolts to prevent that issue. Good luck.

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think you should edit this post and add @HELP. The response will be very fast and accurate.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think you should edit this post ans add @HELP. The response will be very fast and accurate.
Good thought @bumpy. I just wasn't sure if he was on the water or not but loosing boating time while on vacation is every bit an emergency.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know @JetBoatPilot sent me a replacement when I managed to strip mine. Not that that will get you back on the water right now. But when it comes to a more permanent fix I'd contact him.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Zip tie?
Take off completely and finless!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recommend removing one of the other bolts you still have and taking it to Home Depot with you as a sample.

Mrbruin2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the help. We were wet slipped and ended up having our other boat family head to the ER for a wakeboard tot he head and a couple staples. We only had my boat for 3 families so no time to get it onto trailer and find a bolt so we just skipped our last few hours of boating this morning and got an early start on the drive home in the 118 degree weather. Going to email @JetBoatPilot tomorrow to figure out which parts I am missing. Also the crossbar part looks pretty bent up as well...had to bungee the bucket and fin for the drive home.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that you had a rough weekend. Hopefully no one was badly hurt by the wakeboard. Call my office at 850-867-1410 and we will get the bolt, spacer, washer and nylon washer out to you. The new bolt will have a nylon patch lock on it so you should not have this happen to you again.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Mrbruin2k no worries. Thanks for your business!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but just keeping it current to say the same thing happened to me last night. This post helped me to figure it out though. I kept checking for sticks, etc. but sure enough, it was a missing bolt from the vectors. I just replaced the bolts on my 2012. Turns out the new bolts are shorter and the spring mechanism is a different design. I kept my old spring on because the new one wouldn't fit the old metal bracket, which I guess is no longer part of the new design. I didn't realize the bolts were shorter until now, which is probably why it fell out. If replacing old hardware, use all of it, spring, bolts, and all.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We can help you with this if you will call my office at 850-867-1410

Thanks and sorry you're having issues.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We can help you with this if you will call my office at 850-867-1410

Thanks and sorry you're having issues.
Perfect! I’ll definitely follow through with that. Thank you!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You're welcome!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with Jetboatpilot folks. They went above and beyond helping me with my gear. Can’t say thank you enough! I’ll definitely keep going to you for my boat needs!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with Jetboatpilot folks. They went above and beyond helping me with my gear. Can’t say thank you enough! I’ll definitely keep going to you for my boat needs!
Thank you and enjoy!