• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lost Cushion 2. What Else Can I Do With That Space?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The title says it all. Cushion 2 is the one behind the Captain’s chair. Rather than replace with a $600+ cushion, thinking about converting that space into a sink and tap into the shower tank for the water. Seeking other ideas. Will work on over the off season. Thanks!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The title says it all. Cushion 2 is the one behind the Captain’s chair. Rather than replace with a $600+ cushion, thinking about converting that space into a sink and tap into the shower tank for the water. Seeking other ideas. Will work on over the off season. Thanks!
Need pictures of the area.

Have you thought about having an upholstery shop make you one?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Need pictures of the area.

Have you thought about having an upholstery shop make you one?
I did reach out to the Upholstery Man on this forum. (Perezandsons) I have not heard back from him yet. I don’t know if they can build from scratch. You’re right about pics. I should have taken some to upload. I’ll work on that for you. Thanks!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Really curious how you lose that cushion....its attached with hinges. Or by "lost" did you mean something more like....broke?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Really curious how you lose that cushion....its attached with hinges. Or by "lost" did you mean something more like....broke?
Mine is not attached with hinges. Held in there by friction. 2012 model. Been traveling for years with no issues and then encountered some interstate construction with bumps from hell and lost it. Just got off the phone with The Upholstery Guy. New piece from scratch is around $600. An entire set of skins can be as low as $2,500. We’ll see. Going to sit on this one a bit.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is not attached with hinges. Held in there by friction. 2012 model. Been traveling for years with no issues and then encountered some interstate construction with bumps from hell and lost it. Just got off the phone with The Upholstery Guy. New piece from scratch is around $600. An entire set of skins can be as low as $2,500. We’ll see. Going to sit on this one a bit.
Silly me....forgot it was 2015 before they put those hinges on! Bummer.