• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lots of water in hull

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked my boat up from storage and when I got it back in the driveway I had lots of water coming out of the drain plug. It came out strong for about 3 minutes. I didn't notice but I am sure it was coming out for the 5 minute drive home. My parking spot at storage is on a slight incline so I guess I didn't have the tounge jacked up enough. I just had the boat back here last weekend but we had lots of rain earlier in the week and my cover is not great. In fact when I had the boat back last weekend as I was pulling off the cover I had a tear at the bow anti pooling pole. When I put it back in storage I used Gorilla Duck tape to seal it up for now so I know it must have leaked.

My question is how could so much water get into the hull? I would have thought any water that seeped through the cover would have made it out of the scupper. Unless so much water came in that it drained through the ski locker. I will be heading out soon and will check the carpet under the seats. Improper elevation could have caused water to get in there I suppose. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Mike

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
well... we did have 8.4 inches of rain in about 36 hours!!
I know right. Monsoon season here...lol. I just thought most of the water would have run out the scupper but I must have had a bunch coming in. Needless to say but I have the new cover sitting in the house after ordering earlier in the week.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put a new cover on my boat just before all that rain.. i had just a small amount in my boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked my boat up from storage and when I got it back in the driveway I had lots of water coming out of the drain plug. It came out strong for about 3 minutes. I didn't notice but I am sure it was coming out for the 5 minute drive home. My parking spot at storage is on a slight incline so I guess I didn't have the tounge jacked up enough. I just had the boat back here last weekend but we had lots of rain earlier in the week and my cover is not great. In fact when I had the boat back last weekend as I was pulling off the cover I had a tear at the bow anti pooling pole. When I put it back in storage I used Gorilla Duck tape to seal it up for now so I know it must have leaked.

My question is how could so much water get into the hull? I would have thought any water that seeped through the cover would have made it out of the scupper. Unless so much water came in that it drained through the ski locker. I will be heading out soon and will check the carpet under the seats. Improper elevation could have caused water to get in there I suppose. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Mike
Rain water will get in, need to prop the bow up and leave the plug out.
Also check this - for some tips:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/battery-disconnect-and-bilge-pump-still-left-on.13167/

--

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You mentioned they may not of had your boat at the proper incline? Water will go and pool up at the lowest points, but still sounds like a lot of water. But if y'all have had that much rain, could explain it. But boat would of been more bow down than up. Was the plug in?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length