• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Love my Wake Wedge!

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got home from work and decided to do a quick evening surf session with the family. The Wake Wedge was putting out an awesome wave! Thanks @jcyamaharider for an awesome product!! Even got some awesome Mavic video - thanks Rick!
Me-

My son- going ropeless for the first time -

Last edited:

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome. What you got for extra ballast. And what board? Thanks

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Blenderhead How close can you get the Mavic to "follow me"? What setting were you using on the first part of the video?

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome !!!!

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome. What you got for extra ballast. And what board? Thanks
Its the Liquid Force Happy Pill 5'2'. Super buoyant and very forgiving. By far my favorite board in my inventory. Highly recommend.

Extra ballast is an 1100 bag on the back deck and a 750 on the rear Surfside seat. Plus full factory ballast. The rear bag was about 85% full.

also had 3 people in the boat with one on the rear surf side.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Blenderhead How close can you get the Mavic to "follow me"? What setting were you using on the first part of the video?
I will have to ask my buddy as it was his Mavic in the air. I will get you an answer though.

Also, I am pretty sure it was NOT follow me mode. He was flying through his new DJI goggles in head tracking mode.

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just noticed yours is a 212 and we have the 242 so we were able to go ropeless with stock ballast and 400 on swim deck and 250 on seat and one person sittong on swim deck. we are looking for another bag and new board

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just noticed yours is a 212 and we have the 242 so we were able to go ropeless with stock ballast and 400 on swim deck and 250 on seat and one person sittong on swim deck. we are looking for another bag and new board
check out the Liquid Force Happy Pill. Its a great board

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got home from work and decided to do a quick evening surf session with the family. The Wake Wedge was putting out an awesome wave! Thanks @jcyamaharider for an awesome product!! Even got some awesome Mavic video - thanks Rick!
Me-

My son- going ropeless for the first time -
Great video!!!!
I have the same 212x we've been trying wake surfing but realized we need wake wedge and more ballast!!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great!!

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So today I added another 450lb bag on the back swim deck on top of the other 1100lb bag and it significantly improved the wave. I am super satisfied with the wake that I have been able to create with my jet boat. It really validates the capability of a nice multi purpose boat with quality performance across the board.

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Question for y’all. I have a Glastron GTS-207. No ballast or anything for that matter related to wake surfing. I noticed my wake was okay with no additions so I went and bought a board and a Wakesurf Edge Pro. Tried my hardest to position the wedge to create a good enough wake. I did get up but couldn’t drop the rope due to the wake being too small. I finally took the wedge off and the wake was smooth as butter; still couldn’t drop the rope though.

My question is...is the wedge supposed to be parallel to the water line? With that particular wedge on my boat the wedges leading edge is higher than the back therefore pushing the water downwards instead of straight back. I tried multiple positions (bow to stern) and it never produced a wake better than without the wedge. There is no way to adjust the wedge to level. Should I get a different one? Any suggestions?

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I ran my 212x with all the ballast in the rear, my Wake Wedge was pretty much all the way up. Maybe a few turns down on the adjustment.... The main point of the Wake Wedge is to tame the jet wash..... With all the crap ton of ballast I was running on my swim deck, anything more than a few degrees down would've induced too much stress at the attachment points. My rear ballast pretty much created the angle down that was required.
Less ballast = more angle down.

Justin Turner

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
So am I out of luck with that particular wedge with no ballast? I have a tone of wash and that’s the problem. The is no adjustment on mine. Just two suction cups and due to the angle of the hull it causes the wedge to sit at approx. 30 degrees down in the back thus pushing the water downward.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Question for y’all. I have a Glastron GTS-207. No ballast or anything for that matter related to wake surfing. I noticed my wake was okay with no additions so I went and bought a board and a Wakesurf Edge Pro. Tried my hardest to position the wedge to create a good enough wake. I did get up but couldn’t drop the rope due to the wake being too small. I finally took the wedge off and the wake was smooth as butter; still couldn’t drop the rope though.

My question is...is the wedge supposed to be parallel to the water line? With that particular wedge on my boat the wedges leading edge is higher than the back therefore pushing the water downwards instead of straight back. I tried multiple positions (bow to stern) and it never produced a wake better than without the wedge. There is no way to adjust the wedge to level. Should I get a different one? Any suggestions?
Those types of wedges tend to not work well on jet boats because of all the jet wash plus jet boat hulls don't sit deep in the water to cause a ton of displacement like a wake boat does so those kinds of boats tend to see much better results with those types of wedges. We also don't have tracking fins under the center of our boats like a wake boat does so if you use a side wedge with great enough angle it will just cause the boat to pull very hard to the side you have it on which will just force you to countersteer throwing jet wash all over the wave/wake. I tried to make one for my boat and the boat was very hard to control and the jet wash was too much. My wave looked better without it.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Blenderhead hows the new boat treating ya? Good to see you pop in here again.