• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lowest temp? Who has the lowest actual temp?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Its warmed up to -26 here this morning. But looks like I need to go NORTH to stay warm. :oops::confused:

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.40.28 AM.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Came here to contribute 3deg to the pool. I can see now I'm very outgunned!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like my -24 is not much competition for you guys.

Dietzen34

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Started great, power steering was stiff and brakes would take a moment longer to release. Supposed to be 48 degrees on Monday so things should thaw out with the 87 degree temp swing lol.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Started great, power steering was stiff and brakes would take a moment longer to release. Supposed to be 48 degrees on Monday so things should thaw out with the 87 degree temp swing lol.
Yep, and....... then back down below zero by Wednesday - isn't the upper midwest grand.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It was 40 here in Houston, and I was freezing.....going to La Crosse, WI in a couple of weeks.....hope it warms up at least a little :)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was contacted for a National Sales Manager job for a manufacturer in OH.
Me: Am I required to live and office out of OH"?
Recruiter: Yes
Me: No thanks, not interested
Recruiter: don't you even want to know what the compensation is?
Me: Nope.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was contacted for a National Sales Manager job for a manufacturer in OH.
Me: Am I required to live and office out of OH"?
Recruiter: Yes
Me: No thanks, not interested
Recruiter: don't you even want to know what the compensation is?
Me: Nope.
Same with me! I was contacted about a job in Philadelphia and I said "No thanks" without even hearing more about it (as they said must relocate). They pinged me back and asked why. I said I left the cold 9 years ago and wonder now what the heck took me so long! Only call me with Jobs from Raleigh south!

It was FREEZING here this morning!!!! 25 degrees!!! Thankfully it will be 70 next Tuesday....while I'm freezing my ass of on a business trip to........Chicago! brrrr

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've had a mild Winter in TX and I still hate it. It's been overcast forever seems like. high 40's low 50's today, but warming into 60's Friday and Saturday and Sunday. I'll be golfing this weekend for sure! Ya'll keep those cold temps up there please!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While there is a very large number that would get me back to a commute and working from a office there is no number that will get me back north unless it includes 9 months of vacation from September through May.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was only -5 here this morning, but warmed up to +10. Shoveled off the deck chairs and "enjoyed" the warm spell.;)

9543_1.jpeg

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We had -30 here this morning, a bit south and east of the -39 fellow in Madison. It’s -4 right now, the 1/2” of ice on the INSIDE of my triple pane windows is melting...I have 7 years from tomorrow until I can leave for warmer climates. Nowhere north of Dallas Tx for me!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please. Everyone keep posting more. Keep reminding me why I moved here. Thanks :)

It's a chilly 63 right now that the evening has cooled it off. 77 tomorrow. I might wear socks and pants, not sure yet.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
's funny, those of us who enjoy the weather and the winter sports point out our cold temps in an offhanded way, I'm certain nobody is complaining, but the counter responses are always something that implies most definitely that we're poor saps for not enjoying the "cold" of 60 degree winters. I lived in NC for several years, and we considered retiring there prior to some things we inherited, but I've never longed for the swampy summers and earthquake/hurricane issues that arise. Mebbe somebody think back to these threads when they're about to get pounded by a hurricane, and consider that there's pluses and minuses to living ANYWHERE.

I'll take my handful of bitter temps, because it comes with snow and ice, without which, we wouldn't have ice fishing drinking, snowmobile drinking, snow skiing drinking.... :D

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Coming from Rhode Island 3 years ago, these temps in Eastern NC are great
Screenshot_20190131-210506_WJAR Radar.jpg

I had 44 years of snow and ice.... that was plenty. Getting to old to come home from work and shovel my driveway