• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lucky 13 cone L13

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke to Jerry at Green Hulk about getting a volume discount for the Lucky 13 Cone (L13). Green Hulk has offered to give a discount for JB.net to anyone that wants to buy them. It is essentially a volume discount that you can buy individually as he feels he will get enough takers.
Here is how it works. Buy it on his site for full price and write in the comments box “$40 discount per Jerry” and he will refund the $40 immediately after the sale goes through. I just bought mine.
If you have a two engine it’s $40 off each.
Lucky 13 Adjustable Pump Cone for Yamaha SHO/HO Skis & Riva Race Pump [L13 YAM] : PWC Performance Parts

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jester429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dangit! Just ordered one monday from riva :(

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Use the url I provided it go to Green Hulk online.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Woops. Or go to ...

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe they are on order. I know Rivia doesn’t have any. Got one from Green Hulk that was new, but missing the 5mm spacer so he threw in an extra 4mm spacer for me. Jerry said that they was a two week delay because more were being manufactured.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jerry said they will be available in 10 days.

Lee Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just installed the L13 on my 2013 AR190. I have all three disks in. It appears that the rpm's are higher and the top end speed is lower. Also, hole shot doesn't seem any better, in fact maybe worse. No ballast and about 500 lbs of people in the back seat. This doesn't make sense to me. Any suggestion? Thanks

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Lee Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
L13 cone and JBP Thrust vector Wake do not seem to be compatible. My nozzle deflector snapped off. I had been using the Thrust vector wake all season without any problems. I installed the L13 and the second time I took the boat out the nozzle deflector broke. I think the pressure against the thrust vector wake was too great with the L13 installed. I am confident I installed the Wake correctly. There were no thread marks to indicate I did not put on the sleeve that covers the screw. Just FYI if you are considering using both.
The Wake worked ok for me but not as great as I had hoped. I am going to try creating a wave without it and see what happens. I also purchase a wake shaper and will see if that does anything. Unfortunalty, I don't have the steering vectors on because I replaced my older ones with the wake and sent mine back to JBP for a $50.00 rebate when buying the Wake. I still have the Lateral Thrust Vector on. I really like that product.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
L13 cone and JBP Thrust vector Wake do not seem to be compatible. My nozzle deflector snapped off. I had been using the Thrust vector wake all season without any problems. I installed the L13 and the second time I took the boat out the nozzle deflector broke. I think the pressure against the thrust vector wake was too great with the L13 installed. I am confident I installed the Wake correctly. There were no thread marks to indicate I did not put on the sleeve that covers the screw. Just FYI if you are considering using both.
The Wake worked ok for me but not as great as I had hoped. I am going to try creating a wave without it and see what happens. I also purchase a wake shaper and will see if that does anything. Unfortunalty, I don't have the steering vectors on because I replaced my older ones with the wake and sent mine back to JBP for a $50.00 rebate when buying the Wake. I still have the Lateral Thrust Vector on. I really like that product.
Yup, the L13 is not compatible with the TVW as I went through the same issue and resulted in bent bolts which caused my reverse gate to catch.

Lee Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are you doing for a wake maker? Did you remove the L13 and keep the TVW or keep the L13 and do something else?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Screw the TVW and JBP, I kept the L13 and run ballast bags. I have the Gantlin transom bag, and bag in the locker, depending on your passenger load you may need more. With my current setup I surf rope less both regular and goofy.

Lee Yamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great you can get a good wave on both sides. I have a bunch of different weight ballast bags (sumo). I will experiment with those and see what happens. It's tough though getting the correct configurations because I bring so many different people. Can go anywhere from 3 to 7, from all adults to some adults and 14 yr old kids.
Do you keep all ballast in the middle or do you list to the surf side?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only thing the L13 does is enhance pump loading and thrust, and not by all that much...
Basically, it's an experiment in accelerated aging of the TVWs (come to think about it), lol.

There is zero issues with L13s and factory pump and steering components.

--

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's great you can get a good wave on both sides. I have a bunch of different weight ballast bags (sumo). I will experiment with those and see what happens. It's tough though getting the correct configurations because I bring so many different people. Can go anywhere from 3 to 7, from all adults to some adults and 14 yr old kids.
Do you keep all ballast in the middle or do you list to the surf side?
I have the transom bag centered which is 490lbs, the ski locker bag is 370lbs. If it’s just wife and two small kids I use a 225 lbs bag on the rear seat surf side and 225 lbs in the bow on the surf side. But if you have people in the boat is just run the two bags and have the spare passengers sit on the surf side starting in the bow. 19A1B845-2DA4-45D2-BFCA-1D55156B8B2D.jpegE4CB6A15-DF13-45DB-A858-9396544ABABF.jpegAE23B7CE-8A8E-437D-AB1E-28DC5DDA02EA.jpeg396EE4C1-060D-470C-B222-C7CBC74264BB.jpeg65FC1E84-FCCF-48F0-9CAC-7DEFC5B6030C.jpegD53A7CBB-FEE0-441E-9516-846E9320DCEE.jpeg

Attachments