• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lucky 13 Cone

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered the lucky 13 longer cone for my AR192, excited to get it from Jerry and get the install underway. I thought I would post here so that I could follow up later with results. The need from this arose from the cavitation that I get when pulling a full boat or several people on board with a tube behind. I realize I need to further inspect my impeller as well, but the only thing I would do regarding it would be to have it cleaned up, as
@swatski noted that it is the best for the boat.

I will post picture of the install and provide back overall experience/thoughts.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ok. I can sincerely say I need this input....When did you say it will be in and installed?????

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jerry shipped it today (moments after I confirmed I ordered it)... should take maybe 3-4 days to deliver. After that I would say I will install it within hours of delivery hah, at least the same night. From everything I have read it is a large improvement for the single engine boats. I assume you feel the same issues I have referenced above @skbishop90 ?

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Absolutely. I have often considered selling my boat for in inboard boat or a 212X, which I still would given the opportunity. But I love to wakeboard and tube. Wakeboarding isnt an issue for this boat as it pulls me up just fine. But when it comes to tubing, if I have 4 adults in the boat and me on the tube (5'11" 210) it will NOT turn hard enough and maintain enough speed to really yank me around. And I absolutely HATE it. lol I like to really be slung around and this boat simply will not do it. Hopefully this would solve this issue with a ribbon delete. I plan to do that as soon as my warranty runs out.

Give me your honest real world advice and I will likely give it a shot. I can easily swallow $300 in trying this vs selling the boat and going through the trouble and added expense in buying a bigger more expensive boat.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I most certainly will. I'm not sure if @swatski could chime in more on that specific issue (which we both have) after his installation. That could be a good point of reference.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this 192 specific or does it apply to the 190's as well?

Got a link to the product in question?

Nevermind......

Google found it for me:

http://rivaracing.com/i-20765824-lucky-13-pump-cone-yamaha-svho.html

Looks to be for SVHO only......
Check this out, post #25 kind of tells it all:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/anyo...ce-adjustable-pump-cone-in-a-boat.7967/page-2
I would start with no boring of the nozzle.

Here is some newer discussion:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/lucky-13-l13-anti-cavitation-cone-install-2016-ar240.12099/

And possible group buy that could save some money, which kind of died:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/luck...buy-march-1st-to-31st-2017.12544/#post-217479

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I most certainly will. I'm not sure if @swatski could chime in more on that specific issue (which we both have) after his installation. That could be a good point of reference.
Make sure your pump segments and transom plate are sealed - if the pump is missing sealant and sucking air from outside there is not a cure for that. But it does not sound like you have that problem.
OEM impeller is best IMO - needs to be in perfect shape, no nicks, and no big gap between the impeller blades and the wear ring - ODed to specs (outside diameter) - this is very important.

If you guys decide to have it refurbished, insist on OD welding - to specs. At which point you may find it cheaper to buy new. Best (least expensive and reliable) source I know of is http://shop.powersportsparts4less.com/fiche_select1.asp?cat=Boats&mfg=Yamaha

--

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased for my AR192, which was directly from the vendor, that said, I'm hoping I didn't buy the wrong thing..
Yes all the Yamaha N/A and SHO 1.8l engines use L13 for 150mm pump.

SVHO has a different pump - 160mm (for the AR/SX195 boats) - different L13 (with 4 allen bolts for the base, not 3, I believe).

--

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guess that means I hope I ordered the right one... ugh

**Edit, I realize that you said my AR192 has the SHO engine that is compatible with the cone. I was unclear on the SVHO ... that is the new engine for the AR195?

Last edited:

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski "Make sure your pump segments and transom plate are sealed - if the pump is missing sealant and sucking air from outside there is not a cure for that. But it does not sound like you have that problem."

Did you discover this to be an issue with yours?

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I need more holeshot and torque through the turns. Do you think this will help with torque through tight turns? Also, which way would you recommend adjusting the cone for this? More or less shims?

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on the discussions I've had it would absolutely help with the turns because it will increase thrust and reduce the cavitation

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
**Knock on wood** Ive never had a real issue with cavitation unless I'm doing an extremely tight turn like you would on jet skis doing 360s. Immediately out of the hole WOT, never really did it. It has only bounced on the rev limiter one time to my knowledge doing this. I just need more sustained power through the turns while pulling someone.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need more holeshot and torque through the turns. Do you think this will help with torque through tight turns? Also, which way would you recommend adjusting the cone for this? More or less shims?
That is where the L13 shines. I will say, however, that I had my absolute best results with new (or like-new) OEM impellers. Those have the longest blades, cavitate the least, and gave me best results with L13.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski "Make sure your pump segments and transom plate are sealed - if the pump is missing sealant and sucking air from outside there is not a cure for that. But it does not sound like you have that problem."

Did you discover this to be an issue with yours?
I did not have much sealant missing in my pumps yet but there have been many many posts about that, both boats and skis, even small amount of sealant missing especially between the transom plate and the transom - will give you bad cavitation (causing cavitation burns visible in wear ring, impeller, or tunnel parts).
I did ruin a wear ring or two causing the OD specs to be off (too big of a gap) - and needed new part. I tried both OEM wear rings and the ones with plastic inserts. Like them both. A plastic ring may not last as long depending where you boat, but it is cheap to replace (you replace just the insert, the wear ring is different than the OEM) and made the boat/pump a bit more quiet which was a nice bonus.

--

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As an update my cone should deliver tomorrow, excellent service by Jerry. I will plan to make the installation on either Thursday or Friday. From what I can tell and have been told, shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As an update my cone should deliver tomorrow, excellent service by Jerry. I will plan to make the installation on either Thursday or Friday. From what I can tell and have been told, shouldn't take more than an hour or so.
Got grease?

Don't forget to swap the base oring - reuse the OEM.

--