• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LX2000 swim platform build

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
After seeing picks of the LS 210 platform and support in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/lx210-swim-platform.4448/

I decided I could make this for my LX2000.

I used 3” 3/8” thick aluminum angle for the outside cantilevers and 2.5” 3/8” thick aluminum for the center brace.
8AAF9A49-FF0A-4C24-B789-EDE06F041E3E.jpeg
One 4x8’ 1/2” starboard HDPE.

The first layer is attached to the supports with large washers and those are hidden below the second sheet. I wanted the ladder to have full thickness so those are the only fasteners on the top.
A0506DDA-9C72-464D-87E6-8F4A4CA02EF9.jpeg 9ECF81DA-58CB-4455-B846-D1DAE8981601.jpeg
The fiberglass was 1/2” thick in all the areas I measured. So I used some backing to act as a spring and also to distribute the load.
95D7EB89-000D-4095-BEA4-7C43203DF764.jpeg
Thanks for a great forum.
Matt

Mpboullosa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Wow looks nicer than the oem

Lundo100

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
After seeing picks of the LS 210 platform and support in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/lx210-swim-platform.4448/

I decided I could make this for my LX2000.

I used 3” 3/8” thick aluminum angle for the outside cantilevers and 2.5” 3/8” thick aluminum for the center brace.
View attachment 71087
One 4x8’ 1/2” starboard HDPE.

The first layer is attached to the supports with large washers and those are hidden below the second sheet. I wanted the ladder to have full thickness so those are the only fasteners on the top.
View attachment 71088View attachment 71089
The fiberglass was 1/2” thick in all the areas I measured. So I used some backing to act as a spring and also to distribute the load.
View attachment 71090
Thanks for a great forum.
Matt

Love the swim deck mod! I'm planning to do the same for my LS2000 this off season. Couple of questions for my swim deck:
1) How is the swim deck working for you? Anything changes improvements you would incorporate?
2) What is the length and width of you swim deck? Only one 4x8 sheet provided both layers?
3) How did you accommodate for the hull curve for with the center support?
4) Did you secure the top layer with adhesive too or only the 6 ladder bolts?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is an awesome job! The only thing I might have done differently is to have it welded.

Are you thinking of getting SeaDek or something made for the surface? Looks like it might be slippery?

Lundo100

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I thought about welding at center support joint, but that's taking my DIY to another level.

And yeah I was planning to throw hydro turf on top.

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Love the swim deck mod! I'm planning to do the same for my LS2000 this off season. Couple of questions for my swim deck:
1) How is the swim deck working for you? Anything changes improvements you would incorporate?
2) What is the length and width of you swim deck? Only one 4x8 sheet provided both layers?
3) How did you accommodate for the hull curve for with the center support?
4) Did you secure the top layer with adhesive too or only the 6 ladder bolts?
1. It's slick. They sell a textured version. Possibly adding hydro turf. I made this a bit too big. It drags a bit when getting on plane. When the boat is empty and one or two are on the platform the edges go under water. It's pretty heavy too. So I get a bit more vibration than I used to around that 2000rpm number that these engines hate. I've seriously considered cutting 6-8" off. I don't recall the exact dimensions, but I guess something like 32" is what I have.
2. One 4x8 sheet was more than enough.
3. I used wedges of cutting board to make the curve of the center work.
4. The top layer is screwed from the bottom with loads of screws. Adhesive doesn't really work for this material.

I guess if I could do it over I would make is smaller and I would cut more out of the bottom layer. It's incredibly stiff at 1" thick. I was worried about fat idiots jumping off of the sides causing a problem, but I just don't think that's an issue. Possibly a 1/2" would work. They have a work sheet showing how much sag you get on different spans and weights.

We added a 2 year old to our crew and we really haven't gone out much, so my motivation to make those changes is pretty small. This coming off season I might take another shot.

Lundo100

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I understand our 2 yr old limits my project as well. Thanks for the info! I liked that that it looked bigger than the LX210 platform, but I may go with the LX210 size based on your feedback.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's incredible craftsmanship! What do you do with that extra platform and does it interfere with docking, getting on plane, etc. ? I like the fact that you could strap 100 gallons of gas on the platform and get to Bimini. You should do that!