• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lx210 accessing the bilge

mahlzeit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Could someone give me some pointers on how to access the bilge? The service manual says to just remove all the screws around the plastic tray by the clean out plugs. I did that but the thing does not budge. Don't want to break anything. Any ideas?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Could someone give me some pointers on how to access the bilge? The service manual says to just remove all the screws around the plastic tray by the clean out plugs. I did that but the thing does not budge. Don't want to break anything. Any ideas?
There is two hose clamps attaching the rubber piece that connects between the cleanout manholes and the hatch you are trying to remove. There is an access panel in the engine compartment you can reach through to loosen the clamps.

mahlzeit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I will give this a try. I did read about the hose clamps but thought I might be able to lift the plastic tray at least a little bit.... Especially since the service manual says to remove the tray first and then the clamps

F15EWeasel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I need to get access to the bilge pump on a 2003 LX210. I removed all the screws but I can't seem to pull the cover off from the cleanout plug area. I just read on another forum that there are hose clamps on the cleanout tubes that can be accessed from the engine compartment but it looks like the clamps are at the bottom of the cleanout tube not the top. What is the best way to remove the cover and not break it? If anybody has picture that would help. Thinking about cutting in a 5-6" hole and installing a porthole access cover for future access

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
There should be hose clamps top and bottom on the clean out tubes it is possible the last guy did not put the top ones back. You should only have to remove the clean out tray perimeter screws and the upper clean out tube clamps and the tray should lift up enough to unhook the drain hose and switches. It's always possible the last guy glued the tray down with silicone or something. Lots of people have added access ports I plan on doing that myself.