• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LX210 swim platform

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
So I want to put a LX210 extended swim platform on my LS2000 since they have the same hull. The platform would be a nice couple of extra useable feet. Any ideas of where I can find one to buy? I have looked several places online and have had no luck. If anyone lived close that had one I was thinking of making a plaster mold of one and just making one myself. With a mold it shouldn't be too difficult to fiberglass one, since it would only be a top side mold I think it would be strong enough to fiberglass and resin a solid piece then drill the mounting holes.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not having fiberglass skills, I would likely opt for a teak or other wood swim platform. I think the wood would look nice.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yeah I was thinking about something like that as well, I was just thinking that a color matched would look nice.. I was hoping someone knew of a salvage yard or something that I could check with..

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For you to do it in fiberglass, you would need to cut off the back 12" of the existing platform so that you could run stringers/support back into the existing shell for rigid support. After building the supports for the new platform you could glass over it and gelcoat it accordingly. This is a lot of work $ wise unless you have the time and skills to DIY.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
For you to do it in fiberglass, you would need to cut off the back 12" of the existing platform so that you could run stringers/support back into the existing shell for rigid support. After building the supports for the new platform you could glass over it and gelcoat it accordingly. This is a lot of work $ wise unless you have the time and skills to DIY.
Since the LX platform is separate from the hull, I would just need to make the platform itself I hhave found the support brackets online I just can't find the platform itself. I found a company that makes custom platforms but it was pricey at $1200

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
If I am assuming correctly the mounting brackets are on the exterior of the hull, not inside..

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Roger that, I wasn't aware of the set up. It still would require tieing back into the meat of the existing platform.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The LX210 swim platform is entirely bolt on and would fit on a LS2000. I have pictures showing the bolt on hardware that I will find and post.

B21SwimDeck.jpg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Dammit @Bruce , I should have just bought yours before you sold it!!!! LOL..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You might want to see if you can order the platform supports from Yamaha....you could then put any platform on it. I think you'd have a hard time finding the OEM platform at this point....but ya never know. Greatlakesskipper.com would be a place to check (and perhaps even call them).

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
That's looking like my best option @Julian , I have located the mounting brackets and hardware. I am hoping to somehow get some measurements or a template of a platform that follows the contour of my hull. I am pretty handy so if I have to I will make a template and build it out if teak or bamboo. Or I was also thinking I can make a mold and use an acrylic / epoxy solution to make the platform. It will take some time but I think I can do it...thanks for the info on great lakes skipper, I will check them out.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are some pics that may help with the mounting. Depending on the costs of the factory mounts, I would consider building it entirely out of wood including the mounts.

Attachments

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Bruce, thanks for posting the pics. They help a ton.. pic #4 is a under side of the platform correct?? I remember seeing that bracket with the extending ladder mount.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Obviously, disregard my previous suggestions as I was unaware of the platform being a seperate structure. It sounds like teak is the way to go if you already have the mounting brackets.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Obviously, disregard my previous suggestions as I was unaware of the platform being a seperate structure. It sounds like teak is the way to go if you already have the mounting brackets.
@Murf'n'surf , I had never really look close at them and I originally thought it would be much more difficult to incorporate one on my LS as well. But upon more investigation I found all I needed was the mounting brackets... I was hoping to keep it as close to OEM as possible but the platform itself is nowhere to be found, so I believe you are correct with teak being the way to go.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce, thanks for posting the pics. They help a ton.. pic #4 is a under side of the platform correct?? I remember seeing that bracket with the extending ladder mount.
That is correct #4 is under the swim platform.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Looking at the pics. I can make the outside brackets too. I can just buy the expensive one...LOL.. The center one is around $250.00 without the ladder assembly... :-(

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Those are NICE!!! thanks for the link, I think I will end up going in that direction.. I bet that would look nice with the teak flooring from jet boat pilot.... Shit, there goes more money... Lol