• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Magma Grill Mounts

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking to buy a Magma Cabo grill. Does anyone know if either of the @JetBoatPilot grill mounts will work with this? JBP lists mounts for the "Newport" and "Trailmate" but the Magma website appears to be more universal fitment of their accessory mounts.

ctglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Following. Also looking at the West Marine sale.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ordered up a grill from West marine while they where one sale, it should be here next week. I also got one of their mounts. Not sure if I am going to buy a 2nd table leg or use my original table leg.

Dowsusa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I also got the Cabo grill and have been trying to figure out the same thing!

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just going to use my original leg

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you get the mount from west marine or from JBP?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just going to use my original leg
Keep your eye open here and on FB. I bought a second leg and tabletop from a guy that was selling his boat, I guess. Much cheaper than retail, and fits perfect.

I wonder where boats go to die? Like a U Pik a Part junkyard for cars... is there a place like that for boats where random parts could be retrieved?

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just closing out my original question for any one interested. I got the Cabo grill and the Newport grill mount from JBP- in hind sight I probably should have tried the Trailmate mount.

The newport mount comes with several sets of holes pre-drilled, none of which match up to the existing holes in the bottom of the magma grill. Fortunately there was plenty of material for me to space out 2.75" holes to match the four largest/widest holes in the grill. If you center the mounting holes over the center of the mounting ring, which makes it the most stable, the nuts that will eventually hide underneath the ring are also spaced out so that they do not interfere with the support bracing molded onto the back side of the mounting ring.

With about 15min of measuring and drilling its mounted and looks like it will work great. The only downside I found with the combo is the mount sits lower than the legs so you would need some type of blocks under the legs to use it on a table.

Again someone could try the Trailmate mount- maybe it comes with the correct holes predrilled but this combo can be easily adapted in just a few minutes. If I ever get to see a Trailmate grill in person I'll be sure to see if the mounting is the same as my Cabo! By then maybe Yamaha will add this spacing to the pre-drilled holes...

Attachments