• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maintenance and power output Ar192.

Matthew_B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have a 2015 AR192 that seems a bit slow. 25 wot with 4 adults and almost 40 with just 2 adults and a kid.

Anyways I just checked the air filter and it is soaked in a blue oil on one side and it has also run to the bottom of the airfilter box. Would this contaminate my plugs as well?
I am hoping I ran across my problem here friends but until I get it back on the water I am not for sure. I am thinking I will also change the plugs while I am in there.

Attachments

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That clogged air filter will certainly slow things down. Take some oil out of the engine so it is at the correct level on the dipstick. The 1.8 motors are well lubricated as it is and eat spark plugs like a two stroke. New plugs can’t hurt. Plugs less than perfect or with over 100 hours on them will slow the boat noticeably.

Matthew_B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I changed out the plugs and airfilter. It was a bit choppy but with the Bimini cover stowed in the cover. Still got about 40 on the water.

Will a ribbon delete and a bigger intercooler get me a bit more? I am turning 7100 @40 mph.

Matthew_B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well after visiting another lake with cooler water and 20 more hours on the boat I have found 47 mph on the water and 45 going the opposite direction. Not sure where this came from. Does water temp make this big of a difference?

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Basically the take home point from all this is the top speed on the 19’ hull is finicky and is affected by even the smallest of factors. There are lots of threads on here where a larger intercooler is used to lower water coolant temp to slightly increase and maintain the top speed. A search for the term heat soak will make for some good reading about undersized intercoolers reducing top speed over time due to their inability to shed as much heat as they should after running for more than a couple minutes at full throttle.

No single mod on a general purpose boat like these is going to show a fantastic increase in speed. It will be incremental, costly, and will take time to tune and may compromise other performance aspects. I believe SamCF has the fastest 192 build on here, with the most extensive mods to reach 60mph, at which the hull becomes unstable. At least the ribbon delete is potentially free if you don’t purchase the spacer or flame arresting air filter.

Good job and good luck!

Last edited: