• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maintenance - Impeller Ducts and Throttle Bodies

Stevenpigsooie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been doing my own oil and filter change, spark plug change, and other maintenance myself for the past 3 seasons. However, I've never done the "impeller duct check and lubricate" or "lubricate throttle valves." Are you guys doing this annually? What are you using to lubricate the throttle valves? The service manual says to use a "rust inhibitor." Would the yamalube silicone spray or CRC 656 be okay for the throttle valves?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
where did you get the items from? owners manual or svc manual?

Impeller duct check and lubricate- not sure what this is speaking to, is that simply looking up from the bottom into the "intake tunnel", not sure what there is to lubricate unless they mean removing the rear cap and lubricating the impeller bearings?

lubricate throttle valves - I wonder if they are talking about the inside of the valve, if you sprayed fogging oil in the breather or if they mean the linkage that works the valve on the outside ? I've never lubricated the outside linkage,

Stevenpigsooie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maintenance schedule has both listed as 100 hours or 12 months. See pic.5088C603-21E9-4D39-BB82-ADB6FEA23F81.png

Stevenpigsooie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And here’s the instructions from service manual.
B99C96B8-481B-464B-B0F6-358025C6CC1C.pngD278604F-B1AC-4016-80C7-7E1E74859EFA.png

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm planning to empty a can of seafoam intake cleaner probably weekend after next... I'll let you know how it goes.