• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maintenance to prep for spring?

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What tips do you all have for prepping my 165 HO Impulse for spring? I have a trip down to Havasu planned for late April, and wanted to get a start on the maintenance items so that she's ready to go when we leave. I had planned on doing an oil change/spark plugs, then it sounds like I should go through all of the hose fittings and make sure they're all good and tight, but I wasn't sure what I should be doing beyond those two items.

She has 55 hours on her, and I've had all of the maintenances done on it thus far at the dealer (scheduled maintenances, winterizations, spring preps). Given the costs involved and the relative simplicity of the work done and detailed on the invoices by the dealer in past seasons, I really think I can handle the spring prep by myself with some simple tools/supplies. Let me know if I'm incorrect on that, however.

I've had no issues with the boat thus far, and it's been running just fine all the seasons I've had her out. There's only been relatively minor cosmetic issues fixed that were covered under warranty after I first got it. Also, it's stored in a climate-controlled garage all winter, completely out of the weather, and I keep the battery on a smart charger during the off season. It's a 2015, so 3 years old this spring on all of the equipment on the boat.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was always "overboard" on my Seadoo because it was an 07...so every sorting I would do the Seadoo kit...3 spark plugs, oil, oil filter and did the fuel filter. Even though in reality might have not needed it because I only put on a few hours...but was better safe than sorry.

This is my first spring with the 255 so it went to the dealer in order to maintain history on maintenance just in case...but the charges are way too high! So next year will be done by me.

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I was always "overboard" on my Seadoo because it was an 07...so every sorting I would do the Seadoo kit...3 spark plugs, oil, oil filter and did the fuel filter. Even though in reality might have not needed it because I only put on a few hours...but was better safe than sorry.

This is my first spring with the 255 so it went to the dealer in order to maintain history on maintenance just in case...but the charges are way too high! So next year will be done by me.
Just keep all your records from the products you used and should not be an issue.

I actually was thinking of getting the Candoo reader just to document the information also.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Cool...that 25hr check was a killer!