• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Making my girls dream come true

TimmyG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought my first nice boat. It’s a 2021 SX210. It’s on order and here in Minneapolis we’re not boating anytime soon. I’m a single dad with 3 young daughters. My girlfriend has been dreaming about owning a boat since long before I met her. What better way to get my kids off of their phones and out having fun as a family. We’re so excited.

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Congratulations...although you will probably find someplace without cell service for the phone thing to work!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! You will have a great time with your family.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Congratulations. Awesome choice ... for boat and family 👍🚤

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just bought my first nice boat. It’s a 2021 SX210. It’s on order and here in Minneapolis we’re not boating anytime soon. I’m a single dad with 3 young daughters. My girlfriend has been dreaming about owning a boat since long before I met her. What better way to get my kids off of their phones and out having fun as a family. We’re so excited.
:Welcome:
Congrats on the purchase!
But like @Aquarius said, you need a lake or river away from cell service or they'll just be on their phones in the boat! Been there, done that!
:D
Maybe have a rule, all cell phones go into a bag in storage while on the boat? Then get them out on tubes or something and they'll have a great time.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We got our boat early last year and my wife and two young daughters had a blast all summer long. You are going to love it!

Homer2020

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you buy it from? I'm looking at the exact same boat as well, I'm in Chan. Could you share the dealer prep fees?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They will still be on their phone's/camera's, taking pictures of the fun times that were had by all, on your new boat this Summer. Congratulations. Pictures of fun on boats are welcome here.

ericoask424

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! Single dad here with 2 little ladies. 100 hours put on it last year. Lots of good memories!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You single dads with a boat - you won't be single long. Because of the boat. :) Welcome and best of luck to ya.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a "no electronics" policy on the boat for the kids. It's amazing. Fresh air, imagination in high gear, TONS of physical activity for everyone.

This is how you know it's been a good day. When they crash on the water, and make it all the way back to the campground, then sleep another hour like this!

1614176014105.png

Welcome aboard!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You single dads with a boat - you won't be single long. Because of the boat. :) Welcome and best of luck to ya.
That's like a double whammy right there. Cute kids and boat. I bet he's beating the potential mates off with a stick :D :D

TimmyG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where did you buy it from? I'm looking at the exact same boat as well, I'm in Chan. Could you share the dealer prep fees?
I think the fee was $300. I bought it from Valley Marines Excelsior location

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No kids on their phones on the boat, no parents on their phones either. Lead by example. With that being said, they'll have a blast! The only real downside to owning a boat is that it makes the summer seem oh so short.

TN_seamonkey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Congratulations! How long before you get there boat? Dealers here in Chattanooga are saying if I order now, I won't get it until this winter! 😔

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have two grown girls and they were young when we got the boat. I've had a boat full of them and their friends many, many times.

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats to you guys, I'm sure you will make some great memories. That's what prompted our purchase this year as well. My girls are 6 and 9, I realized I have 8 YEARS until my oldest will be graduating from high school...my heart can't handle it. We've always enjoyed our time at the lake, so hopefully we'll get to spend a lot of time there over the next few years and beyond.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and get them involved in the workings of the boat, at 8-10 they can be tying mooring lines to cleats and driving in no-wake/open areas, hooking/unhooking straps on the trailer,

I still remember us pulling up to the dock and somebody wanting to help us seeing my girl with the rope in her hand on the back deck and her, saying "thanks but we got this", hoping off and tying a perfect cleat hitch (that we had practiced many times)

or at Christmas when I took the Aunt/uncle/cousins out for a ride, my youngest hopped in the driver's seat and they glanced at one another like "is she really going to do this" as I put ropes and fenders away and "pretended" not to even pay attention while she drove us out,

It's a great experience for kids and especially to build confidence in them,