• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Malfunctioning no wake sensor on both engines

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So both of my engines flash a 68 Malfunctioning No Wake sensor/switch on startup. Anyone able to clue me into where this sensor/switch is so that I can try to troubleshoot what is wrong with it? I would really like for those error lights to reflect that everything is running nice nice!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many times no wake issues are battery voltage related
There's a couple of threads in the FAQ about it

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having the same sensor go on both engines is unlikely. I agree with @Scottintexas.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did have a peek at the FAQ's as well as search around a bit but was not able to find relevant information. I can try tinkering with the throttle stop screw referenced in one post but he did not seem to be dealing with the 68 error codes. This looks to show some promise: https://jetboaters.net/threads/error-code-68.2242/

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought so too @Gym . I know the guy I bought the boat from did some interesting wiring for sound system and LED lighting so maybe voltage makes sense. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to wiring but am willing to try. Can you give me an idea of what to test to verify voltage is ok?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought so too @Gym . I know the guy I bought the boat from did some interesting wiring for sound system and LED lighting so maybe voltage makes sense. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to wiring but am willing to try. Can you give me an idea of what to test to verify voltage is ok?
I would start with the battery. Is your boat a single battery install? If it is the previous owner used it for starting and blasting music so it took a lot of abuse. How old/healthy is it? Possibly you could pull one of your healthy car batteries and put it in the boat to see if that resolves the issue. You could also take your battery to a local Auto Zone to have it tested free. If you do have to replace it make sure you get a marine rated battery.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gym It has two batteries in it. I put both on charger and they charged and reported healthy. I think it was likely a start and blast scenario but with the batteries showing healthy I am not sure. They are both Interstate Marine 24M-XHD. Just eyeballing the way everything is wired I am not 100% confident in it but I have very little experience with the "right" way. There was a decent amount of rust/corrosion on the fittings but I cleaned that up pretty good.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Gym It has two batteries in it. I put both on charger and they charged and reported healthy. I think it was likely a start and blast scenario but with the batteries showing healthy I am not sure. They are both Interstate Marine 24M-XHD. Just eyeballing the way everything is wired I am not 100% confident in it but I have very little experience with the "right" way. There was a decent amount of rust/corrosion on the fittings but I cleaned that up pretty good.
Rust & corrosion will cause problems. You also want to check your ground cables where they connect to the motor.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Gym. Will pull them off and do a better cleaning on them as well as the grounds. I only recently learned how important grounding was when I fixed the lighting on my trailer! The split tongue was not carrying the ground through the frame to the back and thus lights were failing. I tapped a ground on the boat side of the tongue split and huzzah everything lights up beautifully!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trailer lighting is a great example of the need for good grounding as various electrical components on a trailer get wet regularly. Electricity, like water, needs a path to flow.