• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Mama always said if you can't say something nice...

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe because I don't own one, but I find this a little elitist for an unproven jet boat, don't you? But its on the internet (and Facebook) so it must be true...

Capture.PNG

Oh and are there "engines that insult" or "an engine that insults"?

Ya know, it will all be fun to have a few in our midst. Especially when they start talking about the twin engine rotax boats and how fast they are going.
I think the price point for the twin engines needs to be around where the 21 and 24 footers are for Yamaha, and I heard the Scarab twin engine top of the line 21' dawg is $65k from the dealer at the boat show in Chicago. He also said it does over 65 mph.
So, a twin 225 hp engine for 450 hp without the tower (their sx version, which is shown) will probably be around the high 50's in the 21 foot version. That's not HORRIBLY more than the Yamaha, but they better have some real quality improvements!

And as for the clean outs.... I've never had a problem where I needed them, except for they are a PITA to put in/out and had a blow out once costing me money. I now will probably leave them in all season.

Oh! and they HAVE to be elitist and say they are far better than everyone else because otherwise how would they sell the boat at a higher price?
Closed loop cooling may be nice for the salt water guys.

I am sure that Scarab boats with Sea Doo engines will be more reliable than Sea Doo boats with Sea Doo engines were...

:stop::wideyed::winkingthumbsup"

A friend of mine is a Service Manager at a Yamaha dealer. I asked about Sea Doos because he had several in line waiting to get into the shop. He said he loved the Rotax engines, and went on to explain that they keep his family well feed and cared for!

That said, I really like the look and features being offered by Scarab. Not enough to trade in my '12 Yamaha any time soon. Just happy there is competition to drive innovation!

Last edited:
First year boat..not bad..you can't blame them for looking hard at #1..where else are they going to look.. part of the price you pay when you lead the pack. We all know the reliability of the boats in the ring.well at least engine wise. Time will tell. Yamaha has done pretty good listening to their customers..hence what we have today... scarab and others had better do the same..there market share research has finally come around but they don't have reputations for listening to their customers.. maybe that has changed..Everybody will be offering jet boats before it is all over..

I like our clean out plugs. Captured a couple of fishing lures over the years, Can't imagine limping across the lake on one engine to take it out for a two minute fix.

Last edited:
Frankly, that picture insults my taste in boats.....but that's just me.

So, I take it that it's a rude boat that goes around insulting lesser boats, but doesn't have the balls to try and insult a Yamaha jet boat. What else is new? SeaDoo has been doing that for years!

With all the new market entrants I'm surprised that seadoo got out of it, especially since most if not all of the. New entrants are using seadoo engines, pumps and hulls.

Maybe seadoo knows something that the new entrants haven't discovered yet.

I hope we get some scarab owners on here and can be civil with them. The more jetboat owners on this board the better.

Reactions: 007
If we can act civil with a guy with no boat, I'm looking at you @txav8r AND a mastercraft owner, @lashburn1 I bet we can find a way!!

Well said.....he said, chuckling .....
After all, it's not the boat, we all love boats, all kinds of boats. Reminds me of a sign I once saw.....

46034_original.jpg

A little off topic but....I rode in an early '70s Jolly Roger V8 jet boat. That thing could scoot. By who and when did jet drives begin?

OK, my screen name is from the boat I grew up with a 1973 yellow, Jolly Roger. Seated 5, we loaded it up. Ours had a 307 Chevy, top end about mid 40's at 4,500 elevation reservoir. It could pull like crazy, got 3 slalom skiers up quite a few times. Of course I weighed a whole lot less then. OMC jet Drive. My parents bought it for safety reasons. A prop boat scared them. I bought a Yamaha jet boat for same reasons: Safety and make some memories with the kids. The room in my Yamaha is about triple the ole Jolly Roger both at 19'. But I too digress. Maybe we need a separate thread.

Back