• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus anchor. Awesome

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We boat at Texoma which is sandy. I've tried several anchors through the years and none were impressive. The mantus anchors are great in the sand. I called mantus to order a 13lb anchor and the guy said a 8 lb would be fine for my 21 footer. He was right. I think it would holds 24 ft boat no prob. Even with cruiser wakes it holds. I also ordered a 2 lb mantus for the beach side. It works great too. The 2 lb doesn't have the roll bar so when it sets it disappears. Nothing to trip over. 2 thumbs up.

Last edited:

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought one too and I love it. I bought the 13 pounder, I wish I bought the 8. The 13 doesn't fit in my anchor locker.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My 8 lb doesn't go in the anchor locker . had to put in the floor. 2 lb goes in the anchor locker.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 8 lb doesn't go in the anchor locker . had to put in the floor. 2 lb goes in the anchor locker.
Thanks. Makes me feel better. Mine is under the bow seat.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
that is the only negative. They don't store as well as traditional anchors. But well worth the inconvenience.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got a 8 Lb for the back and a 13Lb for the front. They have never let me down....till i went to Bimini. The sandy bottom there is so fine or Solid Rock its hard to get them to stick and hold

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got a 8 Lb for the back and a 13Lb for the front. They have never let me down....till i went to Bimini. The sandy bottom there is so fine or Solid Rock its hard to get them to stick and hold
What were the other people using? I also have a box anchor, but it wasn't working too well on the sand at the lake, so I bought a mantus.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What were the other people using? I also have a box anchor, but it wasn't working too well on the sand at the lake, so I bought a mantus.
Interesting, I had considered a Mantus solely for its ability to anchor in Bimini.

I have a Fortress FX-7. I only had to reset it once in Bimini. It weighs 4 pounds, fits in the anchor locker and always sets the first try except that one time in Bimini.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bimini is a coral island making the ocean bottom fairly hard around it. In Bimini no matter what anchor you are using in a lot of locations you almost have to get lucky and catch a rock on on bottom to get set which makes most traditional danforth style anchors the best for over there. The Mantus and box anchors are not really designed to catch a rock making them more difficult to use in most situations over there since the bottom is to hard for them to dig in but ideal for most other situations.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cast iron Navy-Style, 15lbs.

I've had mine for many years, it's a beast, don't think I ever cast it twice, anywhere, including in Bimini.

--

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DCB-270 I knew you would be in love with that anchor!!! I am glad you guys got one!

I sure do love mine.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DCB-270 I got my 2lb love it, still waiting for my 8.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

TS4811

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cast iron Navy-Style, 15lbs.

I've had mine for many years, it's a beast, don't think I ever cast it twice, anywhere, including in Bimini.

--
Nothing like weight. Do you find you need to lash it down when underway?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing like weight. Do you find you need to lash it down when underway?
No, it stays put, with 10ft of chain rode on top. I usually wedge it into the plastic pocket in the anchor locker. Also have the bottom padded with rubberized gym mat. I keep a bunch of older fenders/bumpers on top in the locker to fill the void. Those new lockers are double hull (basically - like a large insert/tub). I probably wouldn't store it in an anchor locker in a pre-2015 (w/out double-tub insert).

--

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Doing some mantus sand sucking in your future.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really liked the idea of the Mantis, but didn't like loosing the anchor locker. I ended up getting a digger anchor which works great for my purposes, and it fits along side my OEM anchor (which is thoroughly useless). I especially like the "release" feature of the digger. Makes it easy to pull up in any condition.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hated to lose the anchor locker as well. But, the trade off was to throw an anchor, it stick within a second, and not have to worry about it. Watching others' anchors come loose and mine holding was worth it to me to not have the anchor locker.

A few weekends ago, we were anchored and had a 26' Cobalt tie up to us. The Mantus held us both with no problem. I love this Mantus anchor.