• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus Anchor?

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still lost in the world of anchors and I was thinking about putting a 2.5 lb mantus anchor up front and a 8 or 13lb for the rear. Is this dumb? I am trying to find something that gist in the front anchor locker and will actually work. I live in Fort Worth and the wind is serious here so I would like to be planted and little better than a Danforth can provide.

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live by my mantus.. i use 13 lbs in front and an 8 in the rear. The 13lbs does not in the anchor bay, we keep ours under the front seat.. we live in Tampa and wind is always an issue and we have NEVER broke lose. @driftaway can vouch for this as well, he uses the same set up. Well worth the money..

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you think the 8lb would fit in the anchor locker up front? Also, do you have yours rigged with the zip tie in case it gets hung on something? I will be using them on lakes and rivers so I know there is likely to be debris they could get hung on.

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No i dont think it will fit just because of the shape of anchor. No zip tie, i havent had any issues yet with getting hung up and i have had them for 2 years now.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ever consider a Fortress FX-7? I switched from a standard fluke for the bow and the FX-7 fits very well in the bow locker. Had to trim a 1/4" off the stock for a nice snug fit. That anchor has been worth every cent. I have 4 anchors on board total, 2 13# flukes, 8# fluke and my FX-7. I keep extras because of unprepared boaters trying to anchor their boat with a 5# mushroom anchor. Easier to prevent a mishap than clean it up!

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ever consider a Fortress FX-7? I switched from a standard fluke for the bow and the FX-7 fits very well in the bow locker. Had to trim a 1/4" off the stock for a nice snug fit. That anchor has been worth every cent. I have 4 anchors on board total, 2 13# flukes, 8# fluke and my FX-7. I keep extras because of unprepared boaters trying to anchor their boat with a 5# mushroom anchor. Easier to prevent a mishap than clean it up!
Nope. We went through a few anchors until the Mantus. Never looked back ..

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me and @wallacerb was out one weekend, i had a boat next to me try to leave, their anchor hook onto my 13 pound mantus and they got stuck trying to pull out. It dont fit in the front locker but thats on. Id rather store it somewhere else but have something thats works everytime.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Mantus are great anchors! Especially in sandy conditions.I have tried many different types and was never happy until I got a Mantus. I have the 8 lb for the front and the 2 lb for the beach side on my 21 ft. Both hold great. Don't throw it out too early and run out of rope. It wont drag, you will have to drive out and pull it up. I like the 2 lb for the beach because it doesn't have the loop. When it sets it disappears so there is nothing to trip over. 2 thumbs up. 5 stars. @farrelltravis is selling them.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you big and strong? What's 30 lbs? 20lbs navy coated+ 6ft stainless chain.

Will hold . No matter what.

It is heavy. Fits in the locker.

Total solution. You are welcome.

(If you have kids, read "you are welcome" like Maui from Moana)

Last edited:

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Isn’t the delta anchor the same thing but way cheaper?
Not even close. The mantus will always self right its self and dig in cause of the roll bar on top. Also helps when your trying to pull it out. Full Disclosure this video was produced by mantus

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My 8 lb Mantua fits in my front anchor storage and my 212 is older and has the smaller storage.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called mantus and they said it didn’t require a chain. The only reason to attach one is if your anchoring around a bunch of rocks that would cut the rope.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I don't use any chain.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered it. I can’t wait to spend the day not worrying about my boat pulling up the anchor or the anchor not setting

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ordered it. I can’t wait to spend the day not worrying about my boat pulling up the anchor or the anchor not setting
You will not be sorry. Well you might be unless you ordered one for the back as well lol

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what do you do with the empty anchor compartment? Can’t wait to try this beast. Went camping this past weekend and my old anchor pulled up and the boat slammed into a tree. Somehow I didn’t get any damage.