• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus M2 Anchor

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So today the screw holding my anchor to the chain somehow came off so now my anchor is at the bottom of the lake. Ok with me since it didn’t work to well and was much too small anyways...

Sooo... time to get a Mantus :) However it looks like they just released a new version, M2. Anyone have experience with this one?

Mantus Anchors: The best setting boat anchor

Last edited:

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So today the screw holding my anchor to the chain somehow came off so now my anchor is at the bottom of the lake. Ok with me since it didn’t work to well and was much too small anyways...

Sooo... time to get a Mantus :) However it looks like they just released a new version, M2. Anyone have experience with this one?

Mantus Anchors: The best setting boat anchor
Dont know about the M2 but i have an original Mantus and those monsters hold my 24ft SX240 in the gulf of mexico like no ones business. I cant think of a time it has every broken lose. Well except in Bimini. For some reason it did not do to well their in the course sand.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The mantus is great except in mud, because if it lands upside down, it won't hold. The bar is not effective at flipping the anchor is the ground is too soft. The m2 fixes that I think.

The m2 looks quite large and may not fit in the front, based on pictures and my experience getting the 8lb in the front of my sx230. I'd be happy to hear how big it is compared, and where you store it, if you buy it.

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jEt_jAk make sure you safety wire the shackle this time, you won’t want to lose that Mantus!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If anyone looking you can get 10% off Mantus Anchors on their site for Black Friday. I still have not decided m2 or m1 though...

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Go with the box anchor, folds flat for easy storage, does not need to land in a specific orientation to hold, holds like a nail, you will never regret. Was skeptical in beginning until I saw my buddy’s 242LS held firmly every outing. Bought the small size one for my 212SS and loved it. Transferred it over to my new 242XE recently but didn’t get to try it yet as the season was over quick but will try it next summer.

Bought at the local annual boat show for $130 and it came with a bag and a t-shirt

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are still in the market for a Mantus, we can help. You won't regret it!!

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I ended up getting the M1. Haven’t tried it yet but looking forward to it.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a mantus and a plow. Twice I had boats hook to my boat because they couldn’t get their anchors to hold due to the wind and waves. You can not go wrong with a mantus.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dont know about the M2 but i have an original Mantus and those monsters hold my 24ft SX240 in the gulf of mexico like no ones business. I cant think of a time it has every broken lose. Well except in Bimini. For some reason it did not do to well their in the course sand.
Just wondered what the weight of your M1 anchor is?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone tried or does anyone know if the m2 will fit in the anchor locker of a 242? My understanding is the m1 will not, but according to their website they in part developed the m2 to address size constraints.

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure how ideal it is, but I see there is a screw in it and can be taken apart for storage maybe? Again, maybe not practical, but if you have the tools on board, it may be ideal.