• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maptuner X - AR195

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just received my Maptuner X for my 2019 AR195. Got it all loaded on my PC then took out to the boat like the instructions indicate. Instructions say unplug all 3 connectors from the ECU. Well my boat only has 2 connectors. Any thoughts?

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So figured out that the Maptuner X only fit one of the two plugs and it did read the ECU. However, when I hooked back up to my PC the Maptuner X software said that their are no tunes available for this engine as the ECU is a newer version.

I emailed GreenHulk and am waiting on their reply.

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just wanted to provide some feedback on this. Jerry (Green Hulk) and Jesus (Riva) quickly resolved the issue and uploaded tunes that would work on my 2019 (new ECU Firmware). All loaded successfully and cant wait to get out on the lake and report back.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to provide some feedback on this. Jerry (Green Hulk) and Jesus (Riva) quickly resolved the issue and uploaded tunes that would work on my 2019 (new ECU Firmware). All loaded successfully and cant wait to get out on the lake and report back.
That’s always been my experience with those guys - they are super responsive, and they know what they are doing.

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Definitely responsive!

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Do you use the GP1800 tunes? If so what one, and what does it change?

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
All I know is that it is an SVHO 1.8L Supercharged tune. When you register the tuner after it links to your boat the correct tunes are available to you. I know it will adjust the rev limiter and probably a handful of other parameters like ignition timing, Air Fuel ratio...etc. Typical mapping stuff:)

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Any idea on how aggressive it is? How many are available for the boats, they only list PWC on the website.

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I assume all else stock? Its been a couple years I've had my 195 and I'm ready to toy around a little seeking mid-upper 50s vs right now I am right at 50-51 with full tank and 2.5 people @ 7450-7500 rpm. Looking forward to hearing your results!

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just a quick report back after my long weekend trip to Lake Norris TN. The Maptuner X and cold air intake definitely made a huge difference on the holeshot and through mid range. I didnt see a huge difference on top speed but my RPM's never reached the 8100RPM tune that I had loaded so I started messing with the shims on the Lucky 13 cone. Got the RPM's up to 7600RPM @ 48MPH but could not get them above that. Short of the 50MPH I was shooting for but a great step in the right direction.

tomeygun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just a quick report back after my long weekend trip to Lake Norris TN. The Maptuner X and cold air intake definitely made a huge difference on the holeshot and through mid range. I didnt see a huge difference on top speed but my RPM's never reached the 8100RPM tune that I had loaded so I started messing with the shims on the Lucky 13 cone. Got the RPM's up to 7600RPM @ 48MPH but could not get them above that. Short of the 50MPH I was shooting for but a great step in the right direction.
Any more feedback on the Mapx tuner? I really though the motor had the HP to push the rpm higher.

lamarguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm considering an custom 8k RPM tune for my '19 AR195, but the top end difference you've reported is disappointing. I'm running 50 - 52 mph (GPS) stock, depending on cargo and water conditions. I'd be happy with 55 - 56 mph.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's not very good, I've hit 52 (GPS) with my stock 195... I'd be happy with 55-56 also!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remember your impeller might be the limiting factor to get any more rpms and speed.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm considering an custom 8k RPM tune for my '19 AR195, but the top end difference you've reported is disappointing. I'm running 50 - 52 mph (GPS) stock, depending on cargo and water conditions. I'd be happy with 55 - 56 mph.
@lamarguy @BrandonG What RPM's are you hitting stock?

lamarguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@lamarguy @BrandonG What RPM's are you hitting stock?
7,400 - 7,500 RPM, depending on load, wind, etc.

My understanding is the stock rev limiter is 7,600 RPM. I'm curious if a custom tune (93 octane, A/F adjustment, advance timing, remove boost limiter) alone (no other mods) will reach 8k RPM?

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got my RPM's up a little more with changing out some Cone spacers and playing with it and was able to hit 49MPH. However, the bottom end cavitation with a loaded boat and turning to pick up a tube was pretty bad. I have decided to pull the trigger and trade the 195 in for a 240. I just dont think long term I am going to get the 195 where I want it. Thanks for all the help and will start posting in the 240 forum upgrades section:)

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a 20 grand price increase plus what you lose on depreciation on the 195. Is it worth it for a few MPH?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well it’s also a lot bigger :) but I don’t think it is much faster though is it?