• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Marinemat vs Seadek?

Marinemat or Seadek?

• Marinemat

• Seadek

Results are only viewable after voting.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After a few hours on the computer and a few phone calls l realized that the mat on our boat are not made from seadek... they are made from Marine Mat... do you guys know the difference between them?

Seadek wants 600 for the swim platform vs 370 MarineMat... and considering they are the ones who Yamaha preferred l think i will go with Marinemat

Any inputs here?

Links:

https://www.marinemat.net/

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you going direct through MarineMat or just ordering the Yamaha replacement part? I’m wondering if I can order the snap in Matt’s direct

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For the price difference I think I'd go with the MarineMat. I think for the most part they have this material down pretty well. I know in the past the main problem has been shrinkage. At that point the corners tend to lift. With that said I will say having bought and installed Seadek as well as going to the factory they offer a great product

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have some of both and I can't tell the difference. If the difference is how it wears long term then I wouldn't know that yet but look and feel they are the same to me.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are you going direct through MarineMat or just ordering the Yamaha replacement part? I’m wondering if I can order the snap in Matt’s direct
Direct...

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im ordering MAT, for the years im gonna have this boat it will be enough....

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I asked to have SeaDek cut to size with the fasteners from Will at JetBoatPilot, and he explained that SeaDek will shrink if not glued down to the boat (as does HydroTurf, that I know first hand.) Hence it's not a good candidate to be used as snap in.

Supposedly MarineMat does not shirnk in the heat, as SeaDek (and hydroturf) will.

This is my recollection of the events. I won't be at all offended as @JetBoatPilot corrects my likely misstatements on the matter. I'm very interested in this idea for the older 230 series boat, but so far I have not found an economically viable option for snap in not-carpet.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
EVA foam expands and contracts based on temperatures its exposed to. Marine Mat, Ocean Grip, and others all face the same thing. The snap down kits that I've seen Marine Mat putting in Yamaha boats are sometimes nice and tight with no ripples and other times wavy and rippled due to the pads expanding. Ultimately for the best possible look over time the stick down version is what we're going to stick with here. In the event another material is discovered that has the same positive benefits as SeaDek plus the stability of a polymer then we'd likely start to look into snap down SeaDek for a seriously viable product line.

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On a fishing boat? What about all the blood?
To me is a pleasure boat... not a fish machine... l don't like fishing... l like relaxing and getting naked...lol

HABANEROTE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
EVA foam expands and contracts based on temperatures its exposed to. Marine Mat, Ocean Grip, and others all face the same thing. The snap down kits that I've seen Marine Mat putting in Yamaha boats are sometimes nice and tight with no ripples and other times wavy and rippled due to the pads expanding. Ultimately for the best possible look over time the stick down version is what we're going to stick with here. In the event another material is discovered that has the same positive benefits as SeaDek plus the stability of a polymer then we'd likely start to look into snap down SeaDek for a seriously viable product line.
The money is the big issue in my check list... I got quoted for the 210 FSH $700 with seadek vs $319.95 thats a big difference if you ask me...

The rest of the boat... $995.00 vs 1700 from JetBoatPilot....in the end , money talks.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The money is the big issue in my check list... I got quoted for the 210 FSH $700 with seadek vs $319.95 thats a big difference if you ask me...

The rest of the boat... $995.00 vs 1700 from JetBoatPilot....in the end , money talks.
Do you have a contact for them? If so can you PM it to me I'm interested in seeing what their pricing is on the snap in mats for a 240

RockyHill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That looks sweet. Some mentioned about $320, is that for the entire deck like you did? That seems awful cheap. The Texas and star, along with the measurement board were a great addition.