• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mavic Pro question

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im a new flyer, just got a MP and today set out on what was going to be my longest flight yet, a trip around our street as it circles through our neighborhood. It started fine and I was at a 100' altitude, then I disconnected from the aircraft. I didn't panic, at first, because I used intelligent lift off and assumed as soon as I lost contact RTH would kick in. After 3 minutes I knew something went wrong... We jumped in the golf cart and went to the last spot I had still showing on my phone, and there it was at 105' just hovering. I landed it and shut everything down, and headed home. Going through settings I noticed that I may have hit a preset distance fence that was set up. My question is why didn't RTH work when I got disconnected? :banghead:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not flown my mp in months and there are many other no pilots on this forum that are more into it than i so hopefully they will chime in.

My first question is are you sure your mp is set up to Rth when it loses connection with its remote? I ask because there is a setting which causes it to climb to a preselected height and hover. It’s the setting I use when I fly over water from my moving boat while taking footage of the boat. Having it hover in that situation is better than having it return to home When home is miles in the opposite direction and possibly in a no wake zone.

Anyway, check your return to home / loss of signal settings, I have a strong feeling that it’s not set to rth just stop and hover like it does when it enters a restricted fly zone that you haven’t been cleared to fly in.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agreed, check your settings. You can elect return to home, or hover if it disconnects. FYI, Hover is usually a better option for when you start bringing it on the boat, lest it returns back to where you no longer are.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My settings have RTH enabled. I do use intelligent take off which make it hover at 19' so that i can take a photo of the take off / landing zone. Today I played with it bringing it to a height of 400' and out 250' to the edge of my property and hit RTH. It came in and landed inches from where it took off. Maybe an anomaly, but it freaked me out since I'm a new pilot.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just a guess, it could have been that the drone and controller still had some sort of communication intact and it still had battery so it waited in place for control input (and would have RTH once the battery hit critical). I know for sure that your phone software can totally crash but ther remote itself still functions perfectly.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Battery was fresh off the charger and flight lasted about a little over a minute when it disconnected, so it definitely had battery power. When we went to its hover spot, i was connected and easily landed it. RTH button wasn't working though. For now I have by battery warning set at 30% with critical at 20%