• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Means to check or monitor stator output?

Weebs74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any ideas on how to check to make sure your stators are working well on the MR-1 motors? I keep the boat in the driveway so I always have a charge on the battery...always wondering though if the stators are doing their job. There is no voltage meter...I guess you just wait until you're out on the water and everything just dies?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of us have added a volt meter to each battery. Mine does show a charge coming from the motor and from the battery tender when in the driveway.

Weebs74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With a gauge on the dash, or do you have to pop up the seat? Does it just show volts...I'd like one that can give an amp readout. Thanks for the info.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can buy the kind that plugs into the 12v plug on your dash or glove box for $5

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Weebs74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
excellent. I will most likely go with the type that plugs into the Acc/lighter and go from there. Thanks so much for the advice.