• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Medallion Viper 1 to Medallion Viper 2

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is there a way DIY and source to get the new software , besides going true the dealer , I would like to get an equalizer and water level on my ballast

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My '16 223 VRX has both of those on the Medallion display. The equalizer is just preset settings for "Rock", "Country", etc. The ballast level shows percentages.

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey now it should be more than that check fackbook page there is a guy with 17 and it looks like it's a full EQ I also have this rock,pop,country,flat feature

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yeah, I see that now. When you figure it out, let me know. An update would be nice if it can be done via software.

Kparis14

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did anyone ever find out if there's a software upgrade available for Medallion 1 users? It would be nice to have the medallion 2 software

Gavingreen13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hey guys new to the thread and commenting on an old post. Does anyone have any tips or information on how to swap the viper 1 to the viper 2?
My viper 1 is delaminating. I have a viper 2 waiting to be picked up. Wondering if I have to program it? Or take it to the dealer after install?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey guys new to the thread and commenting on an old post. Does anyone have any tips or information on how to swap the viper 1 to the viper 2?
My viper 1 is delaminating. I have a viper 2 waiting to be picked up. Wondering if I have to program it? Or take it to the dealer after install?
Hi and Welcome to the forum. When you pick up your new medallion, make sure it has the latest software installed. With that said, I have never had to swap out nor replace my Medallion II (knock on wood), but I am sure it needs to be programed to your engine. I've attached some info about the medallion and what needs to be done to pair the unit to the engine. The pairing is courtesy of Micah Thompson from FB. Good guy and great site. Good luck.

Attachments

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Here are the instructions that come with the T2 to V2 kit.
Generally when you get the V2 installed, if it shows engine info, you are sync'd, if not you can perform the pairing procedure. Mine connected fine after I installed the new V2. Pairing instructions attached too.

Attachments

DesertVortex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here are the instructions that come with the T2 to V2 kit.
Generally when you get the V2 installed, if it shows engine info, you are sync'd, if not you can perform the pairing procedure. Mine connected fine after I installed the new V2. Pairing instructions attached too.
Where did you get your V2 at?

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Just now seeing your question. I bought it from a Tennessee dealer as they had the best price. (Modern Marine) I believe. I was then reimbursed by my Brunswick extended warranty for the part cost only.