• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Member Map - Add your Location to your profile!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Reminder to all our new members, and the old ones who've not entered a location....this is a great way to enable connecting with your fellow local Jetboaters!

Your location doesn't have to be specific! But if you live in a big city and want it to get closer to your location, add your zipcode!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Julian , I know I am as security conscious as they come. Im sure you would agree, this is not a risk of your security or privacy for members. It just puts another boater generically on the map so you can identify with others and they can identify with your boat too. They can't track you by adding a pin on the map. Knowing others are in your area can be extremely helpful and who knows, you may make some lifetime friends! I know I have!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian , I know I am as security conscious as they come. Im sure you would agree, this is not a risk of your security or privacy for members. It just puts another boater generically on the map so you can identify with others and they can identify with your boat too. They can't track you by adding a pin on the map. Knowing others are in your area can be extremely helpful and who knows, you may make some lifetime friends! I know I have!
Agreed....it would be hard to locate someone based off the anchor mark. What I like it for is to see who's around in my area and if I might have seen them on a local lake, or when I go somewhere new on business, I will sometimes ping members in the area.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed....it would be hard to locate someone based off the anchor mark. What I like it for is to see who's around in my area and if I might have seen them on a local lake, or when I go somewhere new on business, I will sometimes ping members in the area.
If anyone had any concerns about this at all, it would be easy enough to enter a city near your actual city/village/town/etc of residence. This way others in your region could still identify you as possibly interested in regional jetboating activities, without publishing any unnecessary potentially identifying info about yourself.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
About 25% of members to date have listed their location (doesn't need to be specific...no worries about anyone being able to find you and your boat!!!!) You can even list a location in a nearby town if you are concerned about security. Listing your location makes the User Map cool, but more importantly it allows you to connect with members in your area if you need help. I am amazed at some of the really awesome people I've met through this forum!

I've listed my address with my Zipcode too as some places have a TON of people just under one anchor pin....Like Tampa Florida:

upload_2018-5-14_10-6-39.png

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Some of you may have noticed that the member map throws an error, has a "for development purposes only" water mark and is dark. We are aware of this and are investigating our options. Seems Google has decided to try to make this map api a money maker, and if we want to eliminate the error and make it look nice again, we'll have to pay. So we are looking at our options.

There may be a Xenforo 2.0 map we could use....but we'll need to update to 2.0 first.

Stay tuned.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Some of you may have noticed that the member map throws an error, has a "for development purposes only" water mark and is dark. We are aware of this and are investigating our options. Seems Google has decided to try to make this map api a money maker, and if we want to eliminate the error and make it look nice again, we'll have to pay. So we are looking at our options.

There may be a Xenforo 2.0 map we could use....but we'll need to update to 2.0 first.

Stay tuned.

Not the end of the world in the meantime, still works for now! :)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Works for me. Although there is a message/question i am not going to answer.
Screenshot_20180824-133324.png
Although it does show me in the middle of the lake. Wait no issues...that is where I usually am.
Screenshot_20180824-133423.png

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Works for me. Although there is a message/question i am not going to answer.
View attachment 82126
Although it does show me in the middle of the lake. Wait no issues...that is where I usually am.
View attachment 82127
The "OK" is unrelated to the question. The question is just there to take us to their website where they explain their new process for making money!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Isnt that like malware...holding your files hostage until you pay up. Legal?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I updated the first post in this thread with info on the current member map add on we are using. It is IP based not based on the location in your profile.

Also note that if you are using the Dark Style, the text for names doesn't show up well.