• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mercury SportJet 120XR vs 120XR2? Identifying!

X-17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The engine number is long lost for my boat. It is supposedly from 1999 which makes it an 120XR2. But how do I verify? The pump used in the XR2 is the same as for 175XR2. In my boat the pump drive shaft going into the crankshaft of the engine has an approximate diameter of 22.5mm (7/8 inch) with 13 splines.

Beyond that I have only seen one difference in the part diagrams and my engine seems to be a halfway house between XR and XR2.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Measure the pump, xr is 6.5" and xr2 is 7.25"

neelyjeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The engine number is long lost for my boat. It is supposedly from 1999 which makes it an 120XR2. But how do I verify? The pump used in the XR2 is the same as for 175XR2. In my boat the pump drive shaft going into the crankshaft of the engine has an approximate diameter of 22.5mm (7/8 inch) with 13 splines.

Beyond that I have only seen one difference in the part diagrams and my engine seems to be a halfway house between XR and XR2.
My question is does the 120xr and the 120xr2 share the same crankshaft