• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Michigan - Lake Saint Clair

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last season around the end of July I bought my current and first boat. 2015 SX192. Looking to meet people and families with boats on Lake Saint Clair. Any boat clubs or meeting spots I should know about??

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey buddy have you had a chance to get your boat out on Lake St.Clair?

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does the 19 footer do on the lake,does it get fairly rough?

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It can. You just have to go out early. Can’t go out when the 30’ boat are out chopping the lake up. Try to be at your swim/chill spot before that happens. I just have learned to pick my times. I wont cross the lake at 4pm. If I did happen to stay out late I just try to stay close to shore. It might take me longer to get in but a better ride.

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How you think the 21' Yahama would do,I would think it will be slightly better.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still not a deep V. Our boat ride the waves not heavy enough to cut though them. I live right on Lake St. Clair and I love having a Yamaha Jet boat.

John83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I been looking at the 19' for awhile,just keep hanging on hoping to find that killer deal on the 21'.How many ppl usually on yours at a given time?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
6 people on board AR210 Lake St. Clair 3+ footers everyone tearing up the lake. Not a problem. Just need to watch the speed and the weird waves crossing each other.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just do my own thing for now. Preferring the inland larger lakes since the water is much warmer and their is somewhat a reduction at the launches.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cass (can be a mess on the weekend), Orchard, Fenton, Maceday, Loon, Lakeville

HansGruber

Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ran a 2011 242 Limited S on Lake St. Clair for 5 years out of Beacon Cove Marina. Weekends - very busy and you definitely need to stay aware as there are so many larger boats generating wakes that hit you from every direction. There are plenty of 24' Yamahas on LSC, you do see a few of the 21s but rarely see the 19 footers - just too small in my opinion for a comfortable weekend day on LSC unless you don't explore much of the lake. Our favorite spots were generally Munchies, Fisher and Goose Bay (the moot is where the big party is at but that's not really family friendly...)

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I currently run a 2015 SX192, 19 foot on LSC and love it. Just pick your times when you go out. Big boats don’t normally go out on Lake St. Clair before noon. We spend our time at Munchies, Fisher, Goose Bay and The Moot.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
True about the 30 footers not going out before noon....we're at MacRay, hope to see you out at Poor Mans or elsewhere...

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Funny, I grew up on Lake St. Clair and during my SeaDoo days in the 90s you rarely saw anything without a deep V and hardly any ski boats (as we called them back then). I have seen several Yamahas out on Strawberry Island while visiting the last couple of years but I wonder how these boats fair these days with the lake being so high recently. Most docks can’t even handle it.