• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Michigan

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be pulling mine out of storage in about 5 weeks. Then maybe a ride shortly after that!!

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Usually late April or early May is when we take off the shrink wrap and start getting things ready. Just depends on the weather.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Depends on the temp and water conditions around the great lakes and inland lakes. The last few years have been very high water levels causing lots of debris in the spring water run off so we've been late, around May two four weekend. If the waterways are fairly normal, first week of May is typical.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why isn’t anyone boating now? Would you hurt your boat putting here in the water now?

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just took off the shrink wrap and will put the boat on my lift in a few days after good cleaning. Im getting new boat fever, would love to trade it in on a newer Ar240

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What are some cheap mod you have done? I bought my boat mid season last year. First full season.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why isn’t anyone boating now? Would you hurt your boat putting here in the water now?
You new to Michigan? It's still friggin winter! 🧐
Ok technically it's spring today, but still...

The ice is gone, but we're expecting another freeze and it's only March...boating and fishing season doesn't start till April up here.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You new to Michigan? It's still friggin winter! 🧐
Ok technically it's spring today, but still...

The ice is gone, but we're expecting another freeze and it's only March...boating and fishing season doesn't start till April up here.
No. New to owning my first boat/jet boat. I do have experience with prop boat(dad and brother have owned prop boats). This is all new to me. The Michigan weather seems great to me. Last year I was boating until early September. With Michigan boating being such a short season, and the weather this year so far......

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No. New to owning my first boat/jet boat. I do have experience with prop boat(dad and brother have owned prop boats). This is all new to me. The Michigan weather seems great to me. Last year I was boating until early September. With Michigan boating being such a short season, and the weather this year so far......
Yup I hear ya...years ago we enjoyed winter (skiing, etc.) but once we started boating some 10 years ago, winter can't end fast enough.
:winkingthumbsup"

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately, the dealer (wonderland) where I have my boat in indoor winter storage is closed until 4/14 apparently. I've reached out to them via email to see if they have any type of contingency to do any kind of spring prep and appointment pickup (or at least let me pick it up and give me my batteries, heh). Hopefully no serious delays as I usually have my boat at the marina (River Bend) on south river road near harley ensign launch by mid to late April. Even if the usual lunch spots aren't open right away this season, I still want to get the family out, drop the hook and be "socially distanced" on our little floating island. :)

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where’s a Jet boat club or hang out spot ??
Not aware of a club or hang out spot per se, but usually in the past I would anchor in Munchies Bay, Goose Bay or Grassy Island.. But since the water levels have been so high, I'll either go to the north end of Fisher Bay or later last year a small protected alcove just north east of Baltimore Highway. No bugs/gnats at all last year, especially with west winds and around 3-4ft deep with soft sand.
balt1.jpg

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Boats going in the water next week.
What water body? I took mine out on Lake St Clair for the first time last year. But probably won't do that again. It's a little far for me and wasn't as enjoyable as the lakes we usually go on in Oakland County.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What water body? I took mine out on Lake St Clair for the first time last year. But probably won't do that again. It's a little far for me and wasn't as enjoyable as the lakes we usually go on in Oakland County.
Lake Saint Clair. I like right by it.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How is Walled Lake? Any good lakes by you?