• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Miles per season you trailer your boat

How many miles do you pull your boat per year?

• Total voters

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I was cleaning up the boat this last weekend and was going over the trailer condition and noticed my 2014 shorelander tire treads were wearing pretty fast IMHO..

I only trailer my boat maybe 2x's, rest of the time the boat is in the slip at the marine, between my house and the lake.

Total distance is 100miles RT. So 200 miles per season.

They seem pretty worn for this little amount of driving. Just curious because I'm ready to start enjoying new lakes in AL and GA..

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I towed over 3k last year including trips to Beaver Lake Arkansas, Grand Lake O the Cherokees in Oklahoma and Shelbyville IL.

Our first trip of 2017 was a 500 mile tow down to Orange Beach and with a trip to Lanier for Memorial Day, we'll be over 1,000 by the end of May. [flag]

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Then comes the uncontrollable urge to join the annual migration to Bimini...
2700 miles each year. Houston-Ft. Lauderdale
I feel like a lemming...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat probably won't get trailered anywhere except the in-campground ramps. Skis will go to myrtle 3 or 4 times, OBX, Fontana, SML, maybe more. So, I'll vote based on those.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Local lake is 3 miles but we love lake Michigan far more but it's 40 minutes each way. Under3 hours to Shelbyville each year for the gathering and it's 6 1/2 to 7 hour drive to Cumberland each year. Would love to move closer to Cumberland or Lake Michigan but the support system we have right where we are has more than proven itself. Perhaps by the time i retire i can get a cottage by Cumberland and a duplex close to Lake Michigan. Then the trailering will go down.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
You guys still have the original Carlisle tires on? What should we expect to get mileage wise on the OEM tires... Just wondering if I need to call the tire manufacturer and complain.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You guys still have the original Carlisle tires on? What should we expect to get mileage wise on the OEM tires... Just wondering if I need to call the tire manufacturer and complain.
My tires got replaced last fall. Too much towing to chance it. My trailer tires were pretty old too.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
LOL....thanks Speedling...glad to hear you are doing better...:winkingthumbsup"

Mine are only 3yrs.. you got any idea of the life span of thesis guys... first boat and trailer

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On a tandem axle trailer, I'd fully expect to replace them every 3 years with average use. Wouldn't be surprised or upset if I only got 2 seasons out of em.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Close enough.....like saying Chicago vs Libertyville....
I just wanted you to avoid the situation that led to "Hey, where are the rest of the Jet Boaters? Aren't we crossing today, from Miami?"

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Locally, during the week outings I'm usually within 15 miles of the waters I'm on, but at least two weekends a month I tow out to the big river at 450 round trip. Then there's Shelbyville at about 700 round trip. I switched to radials after the first season on the bias plys, and they've held up very well.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm over 1k every year. All lakes we would use are a minimum of 200 miles round trip so it adds up fast.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1,240 ytd. Granted that was from Maine to South Carolina for moving. FYI if your GPS reroutes you onto something called a parkway in NY don't do it!!!!! You just may end up folding your tower in the middle of traffic :banghead:

Edit- I know from first hand experience:banghead:

Last edited:

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't live on the lake, but....

Trailer.JPG

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last year was over 2000 miles. Made a trip from CT to Norris Lake which that alone was about 1700 miles but well worth it. Closest lake to me is about 5 miles away which is where we spend most days during the summer. Then probably another 500+ miles exploring other lakes in New England. Favorite lake in CT is Candlewood which is about 50 miles away and we go to 5+ times a year.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One huge lake 9 miles to the launch ramp. Small lake 15 miles from home. No need to take long trips. Less than 300 miles/year

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was cleaning up the boat this last weekend and was going over the trailer condition and noticed my 2014 shorelander tire treads were wearing pretty fast IMHO..

I only trailer my boat maybe 2x's, rest of the time the boat is in the slip at the marine, between my house and the lake.

Total distance is 100miles RT. So 200 miles per season.
They seem pretty worn for this little amount of driving. Just curious because I'm ready to start enjoying new lakes in AL and GA..
Trailer tires typically need to be replaced every 3-5 years regardless of tread depth or use, but of course if tread is low they need to be replaced.. There are certainly exceptions to the rule.