• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Millwaukee Air and Water show '17

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey folks, just randomly booked slips for the show on Saturday 7/15. Where is the best palce for show viewing? What time do we need to be in the water? Launching from Mckinley Marina. TIA

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey folks, just randomly booked slips for the show on Saturday 7/15. Where is the best palce for show viewing? What time do we need to be in the water? Launching from Mckinley Marina. TIA
Has anybody been?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have not. I'm not sure if they have any restrictions during the show, but I would maybe try and be inside the break wall depending on weather.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hang on, after some research it looks like the show will be centered over Bradford Beach, which is just north of McKinley, and outside the breakwater, so should be no restrictions in there. I found something that said boat restrictions starting at 8am. It looks like the Coast Guard will have a perimeter set up.

http://milwaukeeairshow.com/faq/

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yah I found the same info it just seemed vague. Some YouTube vids I found seemed like viewers were inside the break.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Says center point is McKinley Beach. I'll have to fire up the google machine again but is that inside the wall?

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Says center point is McKinley Beach. I'll have to fire up the google machine again but is that inside the wall?
The bachelor for this party is bringing his Supra that sits low and doesn't really want to leave the breakwall. No matter what I'm sure vis will be awesome!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
McKinley Beach is between the launch you're using and Bradford Beach. If you look over the rock pile when you're launching you'll see it. You'd probably have a good view from your slips as well.
1498688822044.jpeg 1498688780292.jpeg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How long do you have the slip booked? And, if you don't mind, how much $?

If weather is good, you will have a blast.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have gps coordinates from where I anchored a few years ago. Unfortunately they are on my boat and not handy. We were outside the break wall, straight east of the beach. Throw in an anchor, the coast guard will move you if you're too close.