• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MILWAUKEE - via water.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
IMG_3927.JPG IMG_3930.JPG @OperationROL , @pumps and hose and some of my other @Shelbyville friends had asked me to get a Milwaukee/Menomonee/Kinickinic River/Lake Michigan outing going for this year. I certainly have not forgotten, and definitely want to have this happen this year.

Unfortunately (well, probably fortunately) I'm deep in the process of buying a new home, so time is tight for at least the first portion of this summer, but I have every intention of getting through this while somehow clinging onto ample vacation time to use in the second half of summer. Prepping not one, but two 115+ year old houses for sale is just too much. Either way, I can see the light at the end of this exhausting tunnel, and would love to see a gathering like this happen!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks cool!
Lets drop a few places on a map and see what we can't do between them!
Pictures look awesome too!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Perhaps after Shelbyville like mid/late August?
I have a little trip going to Florida and hopefully some small islands before the famous Shelbyville gathering but August is still open.
Maybe a weekend or long weekend deal?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
August sounds awesome to me. We could do the Milwaukee thing one day, and maybe an inland lake out by me the other.

Or, if we do a Labor Day thing, this year is a Harley Davidson anniversary year, and the HD Museum is on the water, so something involving that could be awesome.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm interested !

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Also interested but now I’m boatless, I would have to ride-along if someone would have me...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
now I’m boatless
What happened? Are you getting a wake boat? A small jet boat for the Meramec?

If I could swing this trip (very, very doubtful this year) - you are welcome to join.

--

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also interested but now I’m boatless, I would have to ride-along if someone would have me...
I am in the same boat, no pun intended. Well, ok, maybe somewhat intended.

I did the Milwaukee rivers / Lake Michigan trip a couple times. Great times. There are some very good eating spots & a couple brewpubs with easy docks in the 3rd Ward & Water St districts along the river, too.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Air show is a great weekend however the establishments get crowded. We did this last year the week prior to Shelbyville.

pumps and hose

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 76070 View attachment 76069 @OperationROL , @pumps and hose and some of my other @Shelbyville friends had asked me to get a Milwaukee/Menomonee/Kinickinic River/Lake Michigan outing going for this year. I certainly have not forgotten, and definitely want to have this happen this year.

Unfortunately (well, probably fortunately) I'm deep in the process of buying a new home, so time is tight for at least the first portion of this summer, but I have every intention of getting through this while somehow clinging onto ample vacation time to use in the second half of summer. Prepping not one, but two 115+ year old houses for sale is just too much. Either way, I can see the light at the end of this exhausting tunnel, and would love to see a gathering like this happen!
Perhaps I come up and help you labor on the houses one day and we boat the next? I’m only 45 mins south of the border

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Perhaps I come up and help you labor on the houses one day and we boat the next? I’m only 45 mins south of the border
I should be all good on the House front by then, we close on the new one July 13th, and my current one hits the market today.

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should be all good on the House front by then, we close on the new one July 13th, and my current one hits the market today.
Are you leaving Waukesha @RiverRat ? I keep watching for your boat around. I saw your tow vehicle at the grocery store once but that's the closest I ever came to a live RiverRat sighting. I thought about you this winter every time a plow went past.

I'm up for an outing or two! August would work well. I love Lake Wisconsin and am itching to try Lake Michigan/Milwaukee River boating. But my wife and I are flexible and just like to visit new places so as long as we're available we'll be there.

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Are you leaving Waukesha @RiverRat ? I keep watching for your boat around. I saw your tow vehicle at the grocery store once but that's the closest I ever came to a live RiverRat sighting. I thought about you this winter every time a plow went past.

I'm up for an outing or two! August would work well. I love Lake Wisconsin and am itching to try Lake Michigan/Milwaukee River boating. But my wife and I are flexible and just like to visit new places so as long as we're available we'll be there.
No, not leaving Waukesha. Moving from the city of, to the Town of. On Big Bend Road south of Lawnsdale. Same Zip Code as you!

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, not leaving Waukesha. Moving from the city of, to the Town of. On Big Bend Road south of Lawnsdale. Same Zip Code as you!
Well, welcome neighbors! I’m just off of Oakdale/XX. My son has several friends over where you’re moving. Love that area. We were in City for 16 years before moving to town. You’re gonna love your lower taxes.

Okay sorry everyone. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We would be interested - too busy Labor Day weekend, but if it is another August weekend we might be able to join you. . I've only been out of Milwaukee on a dive boat never with our own boat. Love to explore new places!