• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Minneapolis Boat Show and JetBoatPilot

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

JetBoatPilot will be at the Minneapolis Boat Show with River Valley Power & Sport today through Sunday. If you're in the market for a new Yamaha or if you just want to come by and hang out and chat come by and see us.

12553103_1072224532828589_7718218179267924579_n.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1072224549495254&id=100001231579976

Last edited:
Hey Will, great meeting you tonight (that was me with the 4 yo in the FSH). Hope the rest of the show goes well for you and @RiverValley, good luck selling some boats and accessories! Very nice setup again this year.

BTW, hate to say it but it was hard to miss the poor showing by Scarab and Chap's vortex models at the show. I think we all want to see them compete in the long run but the just was nothing going on at the Scarab booth and Chap only had one jet drive boat. Plenty of the Volvo forward drives for 'safe surfing', but why not more jet drives for 'safe surfing'?

Overall it was a good show, always fun to get a winter break and think about the warmer months to come...

Will you be coming to St. Louis in Feb?

@RightStuff it was great meeting you too! I love meeting forum guys. We rarely meet our customers since its mostly online. It was nice meeting you son too. I have a two year old and another one on the way.

Thanks for the heads up on the Scarab and Chaparral booths. I figured they would be soft.

@swatski I think I will be at the Miami show around that time so probably not. Sorry.

@RightStuffThanks for the heads up on the Scarab and Chaparral booths. I figured they would be soft.

I am about 75% sure I will go to the milwaukee boat today. Last year, they had 2 or 3 Chap jetboats in a sharp display. I will report back.

This dealer had a number Chaps on display. Oddly, they are also a Yamaha dealer, so they had a couple of Yamaha jetboats on display, also

http://m.shipyardmarine.com/
They are out of Green Bay, WI

20160123_130849.jpg 20160123_130320.jpg 20160123_130046.jpg 20160123_130022.jpg

Last edited:
How was the show in MSP, @JetBoatPilot?

The MKE show looked like 2015 was a better year for the dealers. Bigger, glitzier displays with more boats.

I did not know you could spend well over $150K on a wake boat! :eek: Always enjoy seeing the new boats...but, man, sticker shock city this year.

How was the show in MSP, @JetBoatPilot?

! :eek: Always enjoy seeing the new boats...but, man, sticker shock city this year.

I agree I'm beginning to wonder if a boat couldn't be an investment at this pace even a new Yamaha AR240 will be over 63K in the next 5 years or so that should help hold value on the used boats out there

Hey guys and gals,

JetBoatPilot will be at the Minneapolis Boat Show with River Valley Power & Sport today through Sunday. If you're in the market for a new Yamaha or if you just want to come by and hang out and chat come by and see us.

12553103_1072224532828589_7718218179267924579_n.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1072224549495254&id=100001231579976

Hi Will,

It was good to meet you there. My wife and I closed a deal on a Red 242LS e-series. We were sitting in the LS non-e with River Valley when you stopped by. I have your catalog and am already circling many things!

Ah, if only I could stop at circling...

@stever40 Congratulations on the new E-Series purchase!!! It was nice to meet you. You guys are going to love your new Yamaha! Each of ours has been great and I can't imagine owning anything else....unless you start talking about weekenders....which in that case I would buy a Yamaha if they built one.

@GTBRMC the show was a big success for River Valley. I believe this year was a good year for sales as many I spoke with were ready to buy compared to years past when many were simply gathering information. That tells me the market is healthier and people are coming out of the recession better than in years past. Also River Valley actually won the NMMA Best Booth In Show award for the first time, so John and crew were very happy about that.

@stever40 Congratulations on the new E-Series purchase!!! It was nice to meet you. You guys are going to love your new Yamaha! Each of ours has been great and I can't imagine owning anything else....unless you start talking about weekenders....which in that case I would buy a Yamaha if they built one.

@GTBRMC the show was a big success for River Valley. I believe this year was a good year for sales as many I spoke with were ready to buy compared to years past when many were simply gathering information. That tells me the market is healthier and people are coming out of the recession better than in years past. Also River Valley actually won the NMMA Best Booth In Show award for the first time, so John and crew were very happy about that.

@JetBoatPilot Great to hear that! I bought my boat from River Valley (Red Wing) in 2009. Happy they are doing well. Also happy the boating industry continues to recover.

Holy smokes, $69k on that Chap? No wonder no one mentioned them in negotiations!

20160123_131013.jpg

Apologies for the poor focus...another price data point

My wife is pregnant and at the moment we are staying near home in case she delivers early.

Hope it all works out! Get as much sleep as you can now before the baby.

Lol I know! Our first did not sleep through the night for the first year!

Back