• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Minnetonka Lake

7216Golden

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone been out on Minnetonka lately? We have some friends coming in from out of state and thought about heading there next Friday, but I have been seeing reports of weeds being pretty bad. Last time I was there on Memorial Day I had weeds everywhere and they almost clogged the intakes. If they are as bad as they were then I would prefer just to go somewhere else. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was out there twice this week... Sun. (18th) was really bad for floating weed patches in the common driving areas of the lake, had to clear the weeds more than I ever had in the past. Went out again Wed. afternoon till sundown and there was basically nothing.
So tough to say how they will be when you go, but I wouldn't let it stop you from hitting that lake especially on a week day! Let me know if you need any more input.