• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missing Reverse Bucket Bolt

Arial

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yesterday, I went and got my Scarab 195 from my storage slot, drove it to a launch site, and took it out. Drove it around for a little while, and everything seemed fine. But when I went to land, I realized that I had no reverse. I cut the engine and let myself coast in, and caught the dock on my way by.

When I pulled the boat out and checked out the rear end, I found that one of the 2 bolts holding the reverse bucket onto its metal connection point was missing. There is what seems to be part of the bolt lodged in the threads in the connection point.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or know of someone which this happened to them? I was fortunate and wasn't in any dangerous situation, but I would like to know how my boat lost/broke a bolt.

ANTHONY VENCE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I went out yesterday and tried to use a visitor dock and realized I too have no reverse or neutral. hoisted out of the water and didn't find obstruction or damage.

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yup I lost one of my entire reverse buckets , bolts , bucket and all. Got the parts under warranty and fixed it myself . This was due to poor maintenance that was done on my boat through my dealer bc they had it all apart to realign one of the motors and either didn’t put it all back together correctly or did not tighten things enough????? Advice: fix the things u can yourself bc these fucks that work as these dealers could give a shit . Good luck
Yesterday, I went and got my Scarab 195 from my storage slot, drove it to a launch site, and took it out. Drove it around for a little while, and everything seemed fine. But when I went to land, I realized that I had no reverse. I cut the engine and let myself coast in, and caught the dock on my way by.

When I pulled the boat out and checked out the rear end, I found that one of the 2 bolts holding the reverse bucket onto its metal connection point was missing. There is what seems to be part of the bolt lodged in the threads in the connection point.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or know of someone which this happened to them? I was fortunate and wasn't in any dangerous situation, but I would like to know how my boat lost/broke a bolt.

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would anyone be willing to attach a couple pictures and point out the bolts you have found loose or missing? This might help some of us out who haven’t had this problem yet.

Does anyone know how tight these bolts need to be?

I appreciate you sharing this with us and giving us a heads up. I would hate to loose reverse and especially hate to loose the entire bucket.

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Would anyone be willing to attach a couple pictures and point out the bolts you have found loose or missing? This might help some of us out who haven’t had this problem yet.

I appreciate you sharing this with us and giving us a heads up. I would hate to loose reverse and especially hate to loose the entire bucket.
Hand tight/ snug with blue lock tight

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks. I appreciate it!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length

The bolts discussed are at 2:30 of video. He gives toque spec for putting back on also.