• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missionboatgear Delta

Joey Martinez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I emailed the company asking if they have tested it on a Yamaha Jet Boat. I made mention that there is this user forum full of boat owners with Mod money burning a hole in our collective pockets looking for something like this. Haven't heard anything back as of yet!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not going to say that it will not work but................. I talked to Ronix about their wedge block eight.3 and this would be the same type of convergence system that this would be doing. They said " It didn't work on a Yamaha but it did on a Chaparral."

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would love to test this unit in conjunction with the wake wedge. I think this combo has potential.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So did you call them to ask for a test unit?

Do you have wake wedges for 242x's?

@Julian I have not called yet but I do plan to. Yes we do have Wake Wedges for the 242X. In fact we have already setup a 242X that Jeff Page, owner of Inland Surfer, has surfed behind.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wait...what?...where's the video?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No no no...the 242X with the Wake Wedge. That's what I want to see.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is similar to Ronix wake surf shaper, etc.
I think @trace tested something like it and the word was that, while it works great for inboards and may work somewhat better with a single jet engine as opposed to a twin, the jet wash pressure is still too high preventing the convergence even if the wake is delayed. Which, if true, is too bad...

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks impressive.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@buckbuck go to my Facebook page, I shared the video.

MISSION_BG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Guys, thanks for all the interest! DELTA has worked on every boat we've tested so it might work here. We had some initial concerns about safety but in chatting with one owner it sounds like Yamaha fully supports surfing behind their boats. We're going to cruise into the local dealer and see if we can locate a boat to test it on. We'll report back shortly. Cheers and thanks again!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Guys, thanks for all the interest! DELTA has worked on every boat we've tested so it might work here. We had some initial concerns about safety but in chatting with one owner it sounds like Yamaha fully supports surfing behind their boats. We're going to cruise into the local dealer and see if we can locate a boat to test it on. We'll report back shortly. Cheers and thanks again!!
@MISSION_BG Please keep us posted, hopefully you can test both single and twin Yammies. I would be the first to jump on it if it worked.
You have a pretty steep non-adjustable angle that seems a lot more aggressive that the less then 30 degrees or so the other designs seem to be like. Any trouble keeping the Delta attached? I remember there was a discussion on Malibu forums about possible advantage of velcro over suction with lateral forces. Your design would work great with Yammies with their sloping aft free-board. And - it looks cool.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @MISSION_BG and thank you for looking into it. If the dealership route doesn't work then check out the member map to look for owners close to you - we love showing off our boats!

MISSION_BG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski @Scuba_ref Just got back from the dealer and they gave us the green light. We're going out this week for a test run on a 242x and hopefully we can also run it on a single engine model. We'll let you know how it goes. Here's a photo of it attached to an AR230.

Attachments

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MISSION_BG Ha! Good idea to join the group....told you you will find very interested people here!