• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mississippi River St. Louis

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since our plans to go to Lake Winnebago changed due to flooding we decided to go to the Mississippi River and put in at Alton Marina. We have never been there before. Does anyone have any recommendations for us?? Also if anyone is out there this weekend we should meet up. We love meeting fellow jet boaters.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We usually put in up by Winfield lock. There are two websites they also have Facebook pages are pool 26 and riverbills.com. these websites are good they tell you what's going on with the river. Couple sand bars that we hang out at our 521 and 2 branch. You will see a ton of yamaha's out there I did last weekend. I would suggest just staying in the channel on the Mississippi. If you're going to do water sports I would go up to Illinois past Pier Marquette. The Illinois River you don't have to worry about dykes and for the most part it's bank-to-bank. They do have some shallow points which they mark with the red and green buoys. It also has a much slower current than the Mississippi almost like a lake. There's restaurants All Along The River. Last week in the river with perfect. Several of my good friends also own Yamahas and we are out on the river a lot. This weekend we are actually at Lake Shelbyville. Let me know how you liked the river enjoy your weekend.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since our plans to go to Lake Winnebago changed due to flooding we decided to go to the Mississippi River and put in at Alton Marina. We have never been there before. Does anyone have any recommendations for us?? Also if anyone is out there this weekend we should meet up. We love meeting fellow jet boaters.
@mattschepker post is great!
We love Pool 26!
upload_2018-8-30_12-57-3.png

Alton to Winfield is a beautiful trip!!! About 40miles one way:
check out post #1591
https://jetboaters.net/threads/one-picture-of-your-last-outing.7387/page-80#post-330324

Alton to Hardin (up Illinois River, past Pere Marquette) is another beautiful route:
check out post #5368
https://jetboaters.net/threads/show-us-what-you-see.4515/page-269#post-327661

Best to watch/follow your chartplotter, beware of L-dikes and rock dams which can ruin your day...
Most are easy to see when you up close but not always, and there are many that are not well labelled in the charts
upload_2018-8-30_12-54-22.png

--

Attachments

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll prob be out there this Sunday with my boy , we will most likely be down between the lady of the river , and Alton , if you see a ar 240 hanging with a cruser , that’s prob me :)