• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Missouri Registration

Woodchuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey fellow Missourians, when you registered your boat did they register your motors separately? My wife went and did mine and I was looking at the the tags and they registered the motors as an outboard motor and gave me an outboard motor registration sticker. All my inboards in the past haven't had that.

That did not happen to me...but the girl behind the desk DID think I was buying two waverunners.

You may have to go back and deal with that headache of getting that resolved.

That didn't happen to me either. Never even came up about the motors. You might want to have a redo on that or otherwise come personal property tax time you may have to list both motors, but don't quote me on that. Here is a link to Missouri Dept of Revenue boat registration page ... http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/watercraft/#register
It does say to register your outboard motors but that wouldn't apply to us. Hope this helps.

Definitely not right. You need to get this corrected. If you do not, you will be expected to pay personal property tax on the two motors in addition to the boat.

I'm not from Missouri but here is something I experienced in South Carolina that might help you.

My previous boat was a 18' bowrider with a 135hp outboard and at one point I needed the power head replaced. In SC we also register outboards separately/in addition to the boat. After the power head replacement I went to have the registration updated with the new power head serial number which is tied to the outboard registration. What I was required to do was bring photographic evidence of the serial numbers and if that wasn't possible bring a pencil/paper rub of the new serial number plus the invoice showing the purchase of a new power head.

Now how does this apply to you. My suggestion is to take pictures of your hull registration number, the stern of the boat, and the engine compartment then present those pictures when you try to get your registration straightened out, this will be proof that your boat does not have Yamaha outboard engines.

Good luck getting your registration straightened up.

Yep no registration for the motors here for our boats. Just boat and trailer.

Last edited:
Boat Crazy is correct this will screw up your personal property tax.

My "Friends" at St. Louis County Revenue screwed up my assessment by registering my boat as an outboard.

It took a while to get it straightened out.

Reactions: 007
Just the boat and trailer registrations.

you need to get this fixed, it happened to us on our last boat and they wanted to charge us personal property tax on it the following year. It takes time and a lot of bullsh't for their screw up

I'm wondering if I'll be able to get all my fees refunded for it. That could be an additional fight.

I am positive after going back to DMV you will be refunded. Unfortunately, you will not get your money as quick as they received it.

They did this wrong. They assumed they are outboards, that are titled separately, and can be sold separately. Just a mistake and may be many explanations for it, but it is a mistake. One thing that can lead to that is the separate title numbers for each of the engines in addition to the boat. In Texas, the DMV issues registration and plates for the trailer and does nothing with boats, the Texas Dept of Parks and Wildlife handles boat registration. Look at your title and see how it was done. It could be it was done wrong. It should show your boat and engines as either inboard or inboard/outboard...not as outboard. That may be where the issue is. If it is done correctly, present it to the registrar and make them correct it. Take a picture inside the engine hatch showing the two separate inboard motors too...its just a mistake that can be fixed.

Last edited:
It may have confused them also because I bought it in Arkansas and the titles are different.

I had trouble with this when I bought my last boat in Tennessee. You need to get a manager involved. I had to goto a completely different DMV office.

Back