• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mixing steering parts from companies

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Not trying to start a chit storm here and will delete the thread if it happens. Anyone use Cobra for the fins and JBP for the side thrusters?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been interested in that, too. I'm still a bit torn but currently run with the AK magnum plus MEGAs and probably will stick with those. Keep in mind the MEGAs give a tremendous boost to the reverse thrust while also adding directionality.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've been interested in that, too. I'm still a bit torn but currently run with the AK magnum plus MEGAs and probably will stick with those. Keep in mind the MEGAs give a tremendous boost to the reverse thrust while also adding directionality.

--
Allow me to remind you that the Mega Fangs cost so much less than other reverse mods , with a 30 day money back guarantee .
Mega Fangs add power steering to actually cancel out steering resistance so your steering system works less. it also improves on the current steering above and beyond what your original or aftermarket system provides alone.
With the enhanced reverse thrust your ability to stop or spin the rear of the boat around quickly if necessary is greatly improved, and your reverse steering works like it was supposed to so you have real steering capability with no need to teach people how to use it Just steer the boat like you would any prop boat. Also it is important to understand that the reverse thrust exiting the opening on the bottom of the nozzle, does NOT become useable reverse thrust until it clears the bottom of the boat, if any obstruction is in it's path as it travels to the underside of the boat that thrust becomes disrupted preventing it from serving it's purpose . The mega fangs concentrate and aim the reverse thrust increasing it's potency and focusing that thrust to accomplish the steering improvement and the stopping power.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's a picture on another thread. The original small fangs do physically fit with the reverse thrusters. The newer larger ones do not.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan on testing my cobra fins with the lateral thrusters this coming weekend.

Didn't get out to test yesterday, spent most of day removing my keelguard off my waverunner, cleaning and reinstalling new one. Took forever have to use a heat gun to keep is nice and pliable to make the sharp corners stick.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's too bad you could not compare it to the mega fangs But I assume more people will be taking a look at my offer to trade up from The part time T V steering to cobra steering either the ultimate or mag A K complete with the mega fangs . This will be valid for a Very limited time . You can see the offer on cobra jet steering in the vendor section https://jetboaters.net/threads/trade-up-deal.16696/

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the Cobra AK's with the small fangs and the Lateral Thrusters installed, but not yet tested. Still cold here in the Midwest. Hope to test and post by late April.

They fit - not sure how well they will play together though.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, went out today and got a great test in with the lateral thrusters.
I gotta say first off is OMG WOW!
Took the boat into a secluded area and really messed around.
Now i am running the Cobra AK system and i removed the original fangs.
I felt that the fangs were going to interfere with the thrust output even slightly and might cause unneeded force against the fangs. Which could affect steering.

Straight on reverse thrust is exactly as pre thruster install, so they do not interfere with the straight on reverse at all. And if you look down the reverse "chute" it is completely hidden.

There is no top end speed sacrifice, it tops out as pre install as well.

To change direction in reverse is fluid and instant.
While reversing and turning with power,turning momentum is stopped as soon as you turn the wheel to the opposite lock first then put in neutral.

If you just want to push just the stern over and not move backward, just use that thruster and leave the other in neutral.

Just WOW!