• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MN Boaters - Any options for service other than River Valley?

Karma_Train

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have any issues with River Valley Marine and as far as I can tell they're the only dealer in the state, but I keep my boat up in the Brainerd lakes area full time and it's a 2+ hr drive to the nearest location. Does anyone know of other service options in the northland? Can I take it to any old marina for my 10 hr service as long as it's documented and I provide Yamalube for the oil change?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Any Yamaha PWC dealer will likely do the service for you, but I'd ask why not attempt it yourself? Obviously if there are physical limitations I understand, but for less than the cost of the dealer service you can buy the necessary equipment, do the service yourself, then have all the equipment in hand for next time. It's basically an oil change and lubing the intermediate bearing, not exactly hard to do. Document the oil change yourself, copy the receipt, you are good to go.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don’t go to River Valley either because wait times are insane. For me they are only about a 30 minute drive. I wasn’t actually super impressed with them overall anyway. I go to another dealer that actually specializes in outboard yamaha’s. I do provide them with spark plugs instructions on how to lube the bearing etc. they seem to do a good job brought it there for my 10 hour service I think there’s a print out of the instructions if the dealer is not familiar with it I didn’t want to mess with anything myself being that it was a new boat but I do keep all documentation and supply them with the oil change kit.